Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do that with away fans anyway dont they?

Where does it say they'll do it with the home fans?

It was in the orioginal Transport Assessment. It was one of the bright ideas of the transport plan for this monstrosity: public transport will be stretched to breaking point getting fans away from games, so the thinking was that keeping certain amounts of people in the stadium rather than having them milling around outside it waiting in poor weather conditions for an inadequate bus and rail service to get them home was a better option. For example, 4,200 are expected to depart from Kirkby train station on trains (4 per hour) that will 'crush load 900 people onto 6 carriages. That means that the last 1000 or so will be hanging around for over 1 hour after the match has ended to get onto a train if all goes to plan. Ditto the problems getting an additional 19,000 across two crossing points over Valley Road post match to caoch parks/ park and ride schemes without anyone getting anyone killed or injured.

What's known as 'egress' has been a major headache for Steer Davis Gleave...getting people up there over the course of 3/4 hours = not a problem; getting 40-50,000 away safely in the first 90 minutes post match = a different kettle of fish.

Whether that's still the plan at the end of all this I dont know. To be fair to the team, keeping people in looks sensible. For EFC it means extra revenue with people hanging around and spending. Every cloud.....

That car in the picture is [Poor language removed], its not the 1980 fer [Poor language removed] sake.

KenWRONG.

Looks like a Volvo 440 off'f the olden days.

Managing the traffic away from the Stadium is the main concern I've got about the matchday experience, my other main objection is the bonkers ... sorry, marginal, business case.

Having said that, and bearing in mind that I've been pecking people's heads with the same monotonous litany for over a year, everyone's been dead sound with me, so ta for that...

except you Chico, you Jehovah Cockhugger (is a good one is that, am going to start using it in appraisals)

Im reporting you Blair, your regime of intimidation is coming to an end.

We can all live free and in harmony.

Ah [Poor language removed], theres still Davek to deal with. And Cal.

They're both me... I've got 3 personalities and they're all miserable, whingeing swines :D

SACK THE BOARD... BRING MANNY BACK... BLOW UP YOUR LOCAL TESCO'S* etc etc

* This is in no way an invitation, or incitement for anyone reading the Forum to perpetrate any act against Tesco, it's property, or employees.. it was merely used as a comic exaggeration of perceived ill-will towards said establishment. This post represent the point of view of myself and my alter-ego's, and in no way represents the views of Grandoldteam.com (the forum).
Cal and Davek say you can still sack the board, though

They're both me... I've got 3 personalities and they're all miserable, whingeing swines :D

SACK THE BOARD... BRING MANNY BACK... BLOW UP YOUR LOCAL TESCO'S* etc etc

* This is in no way an invitation, or incitement for anyone reading the Forum to perpetrate any act against Tesco, it's property, or employees.. it was merely used as a comic exaggeration of perceived ill-will towards said establishment. This post represent the point of view of myself and my alter-ego's, and in no way represents the views of Grandoldteam.com (the forum).
Cal and Davek say you can still sack the board, though

that's a ridiculous comment - who's ever heard of an inflatable tesco's ??

ill never shop at tescos again. i canceled the club card for my business when all this [Poor language removed] kicked off. they are the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back