Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cost = £200mill+. That's what it looks like to me.

Anyone know is LCC ever offered it or when the drawings were made?

Well, given the fact that nothing happens down there without Peel Holdings say so, and they had said previously that they weren't interested in a stadium at the docks, that would indicate a pretty recent change of heart. I'd hazard a guess at pretty recently.

That's much, much, much, much more like it. Location is great, transport infrastructure is good, overall this is much more like something I want Evetrton to be associated with than that cow shed in Kirkby.

I thought we werent after one of them bowl stadiums. Mad timing for this to be leaked dont you think, oh wait no one has mentioned funding. Ah [Poor language removed].

Is there room for a Tesco close by?

So would I if we had the money.

Here's the thing, though, if you can get enabling/subsidy money for a shitdome in a run down town, the chances of the same for a stadium on a world heritage site are assured. And if you get the go ahead for a build like that, what investor wouldn't want to be part of it?

It's all about the will to explore alternatives...always has been and still is. The fact is, though, that Kenwright and his fellow pickpockets have signed up to Team Tesco who couldn't give a flying [Poor language removed] about our future just as long as they get their retail park built.

Theres a global credit crunch on Dave. Its not as feasible as you think.

Unless there is space for Tesco, and Tesco want to build there and LCC sell the ground cheap enough etc etc.

Theres a global credit crunch on Dave. Its not as feasible as you think.

Unless there is space for Tesco, and Tesco want to build there and LCC sell the ground cheap enough etc etc.

Chico, there's more to retail than just Tesco and there's more to enabling than just retail-led projects. As for investment in the club, the sort of wealth that lies in the Gulf laughs crazily in the face of yer 'credit crunches'. If they want to buy an EPL club because they are “the key provider of digital content on media platforms worldwide”* then they'll do it - if the opportunity arises and the game is worth the chase.

*Amanda Staveley (PCP Capital Partners and negotiator for DIC)

Theres no Arabs launching silly cash at us mate and its unlikely there will be any time soon.

Theres even tightening up in that industry as the price of a barrel of oil is down to around $40. Id say its likely Portsmouth get bought before we do.

Plans commissioned by unknown party for Everton stadium down at Clarence Dock:

plan2vd3.jpg

Plans for a 55,000 seater stadium on Liverpool's Clarence Dock have been leaked to NSNO on the day that the Public Inquiry into a move to Kirkby visits Goodison Park to assess the need to leave the stadium. Drawn up by Liverpool architects, Bradshaw, Rowse and Harker, the plans show a 55,000 seater stadium built within a completely redeveloped dock area surrounding the Stanley Dock and it's famous tabacco warehouse - the largest brick-built warehouse in the world.

New retail development, as well as residential usage and a conversion of the warehouse itself are linked from Sandhills Merseyrail station which also acts as a hub for transport to the stadium, which itself could be expanded to over 60,000 by simply filling in the corners.

It is not known who commissioned the architectural drawings, but evidence of a suitable site capable of holding a 55,000 seater stadium in a prime waterfront location has been denied by employees of Everton Football Club. From the limited information available, it would seem, however, that the only issue is that of cost - something which is prohibitive to the current board at Everton.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: Everton plan stadium on the Waterfront

Now we're talking. Looks great to me, but like Chico points out, there is a little question of funding. But maybe for the future, eh? Anything but the Kirkby deal for me.

This plan has 1 major flaw, can anybody honestly see this getting planing permission? I mean its right next to the Echo Arena, i cant see them allowing both.

This plan has 1 major flaw, can anybody honestly see this getting planing permission? I mean its right next to the Echo Arena, i cant see them allowing both.

Its just not going to happen is it, lets face it. Its another story just to raise the spirit of us fans but its not working on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back