Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think comparing it against tsunamis and holocausts is a little extreme in fairness pal.

But I didnt like his family friendly create-the-atmosphere type view. But then thats just me, there'll be families made up with their proposals wont there.

That was my point. Words like horrific are devalued by Keirle's usage of them. The nob head.

I haven't follwed the enquiry so far, but has it all been so hyperbolic? "...truly horrific..." what's the man on about?

As for red or green, I say they'll jump a red and get through.

The decision wont be made until late Spring earliest.

Away from all the horeshit over the stadium, my opinion is that the applicants have made a big error in accepting the scheme will push Kirkby up the regional hierarchy. Tesco's witness Melvin Davis made a huge blunder by saying the scheme was of “regional significance” and would make Kirkby “a very important place in the region.” Ouch!!! He wasn't meant to say that...not when the scheme was called in primarily on those grounds.

All sides accept this scheme is too big. I think, fwiw, we'll see it knocked back in its present form with an appeal to follow and an eventual downsize and build. Quite where that leaves EFC and its 'this is it for us, if there's more delay then that's it, finito' I dont know. In the shitter probably...unless that billonaire arrives <taps nose>. (y)

A few quickies.

1. Much as I am a supporter of Kirkby, it doesn't mean I want the custodians of my team dissing its stadia to high heavens. Its not great in many ways, but please don't make it sound like a pit - its embarasing.

2. When are we going to see the Killer HOK document for the Loop? Is this a dead duck as it was in the beginning?

3. For those talking about loading the club with debt, if the stadia was within the boundary of the City of Liverpool, would that our debt "practically free" to use someone else's quote. The debt issue is a blue haddock. Whether we move, or re-develop, we have to take on debt.

That's all.

A few quickies.

1. Much as I am a supporter of Kirkby, it doesn't mean I want the custodians of my team dissing its stadia to high heavens. Its not great in many ways, but please don't make it sound like a pit - its embarasing.

2. When are we going to see the Killer HOK document for the Loop? Is this a dead duck as it was in the beginning?

3. For those talking about loading the club with debt, if the stadia was within the boundary of the City of Liverpool, would that our debt "practically free" to use someone else's quote. The debt issue is a blue haddock. Whether we move, or re-develop, we have to take on debt.

That's all.

re that last point, i'm sure you're quite right but in kirkby we have to build the whole thing & pay for it pretty well in one go, whereas at goodison park we could redevelop in phases as finances & demand dictate.

The decision wont be made until late Spring earliest.

Away from all the horeshit over the stadium, my opinion is that the applicants have made a big error in accepting the scheme will push Kirkby up the regional hierarchy. Tesco's witness Melvin Davis made a huge blunder by saying the scheme was of “regional significance” and would make Kirkby “a very important place in the region.” Ouch!!! He wasn't meant to say that...not when the scheme was called in primarily on those grounds.

All sides accept this scheme is too big. I think, fwiw, we'll see it knocked back in its present form with an appeal to follow and an eventual downsize and build. Quite where that leaves EFC and its 'this is it for us, if there's more delay then that's it, finito' I dont know. In the shitter probably...unless that billonaire arrives <taps nose>. (y)

Ta lar. That was a bit of slip up from Tescos homeboy there.

The club will have some aces up their sleeve yet.

A few quickies.

That's all.

The Bestway commissioned HOK plan for the Loop site was requested at the Inquiry earlier this week, and presented to the Inspector. The applicants didn't need to request or see it - they have had a copy for months. I think their position is that they accept a build of the order of 50,000 can be achieved (they initially insisted it would be limited to 35,000) but that its cost would be prohibitive.

As with all things Everton and stadia possibilities it's constrained by exclusivity deals and agreements and/or the unwillingness of the present board to depart the club and allow investors in that can pursue alternatives. That's what happens when you have parasites in control looking for a handsome profit from a business they haven't put dime one into since the day they arrived.

A few quickies.

That's all.

I agree whole heartedly with that, people make to much out of the level of debt which isnt astrinomical cy contempory comparisons. Do people expect that the debt needs to be paid back in a year, if a loan is structured form anything to 30 - 50 years it will have little impact. It has to be remembered if we are in this stadium for the next two hundred years the cost and subsequent loan will be pretty good value we're not investing in a deprecitable asset.

Last edited:
The Bestway commissioned HOK plan for the Loop site was requested at the Inquiry earlier this week, and presented to the Inspector. The applicants didn't need to request or see it - they have had a copy for months. I think their position is that they accept a build of the order of 50,000 can be achieved (they initially insisted it would be limited to 35,000) but that its cost would be prohibitive.

As with all things Everton and stadia possibilities it's constrained by exclusivity deals and agreements and/or the unwillingness of the present board to depart the club and allow investors in that can pursue alternatives. That's what happens when you have parasites in control looking for a handsome profit from a business they haven't put dime one into since the day they arrived.

If this is the HOK postion, it is one that I have suspected all along. A sort of 1 - 1 draw. I can see why you harp on about the exclusivity deal, as we could have really tested the "build it and they will come" philosophy which might lie behind your statement.

But, to quote my own boss, we are where we are and even without that, we don't know what debt would have been taken on. The loop certainly wouldn't have been "practically free" in any way shape or form.

Davek, I oppose your view, but I admire your tenacity and forebearance. Your one of the few anti Kirkby people I would listen to. I hope that in my answers or questions you don't feel I have stooped to the level of other nameless forums as I welcome the debate.

If this is the HOK postion, it is one that I have suspected all along. A sort of 1 - 1 draw. I can see why you harp on about the exclusivity deal, as we could have really tested the "build it and they will come" philosophy which might lie behind your statement.

But, to quote my own boss, we are where we are and even without that, we don't know what debt would have been taken on. The loop certainly wouldn't have been "practically free" in any way shape or form.

Davek, I oppose your view, but I admire your tenacity and forebearance. Your one of the few anti Kirkby people I would listen to. I hope that in my answers or questions you don't feel I have stooped to the level of other nameless forums as I welcome the debate.

No I dont mate. (y)

But I dont think the level you refer to is restricted to the other forums. There's some right whoppers on here who cant keep a civil tongue in their head when debating. (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back