Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you'd think in 2 years there would be one or two positive's to come out about kirkby - the only one i can recall is : there won't be any obstructed views.

not everybody has been in a fixed pro- or anti- stance from the off, as indicated by the large number of those selected to have a vote who chose not to use them. i actually started off in favour of the idea, mainly because i considered it hobson's choice.

i wasn't too bothered about the city line issue (in my ignorance i'd always thought kirkby was part of liverpool until this issue arose), but maybe that's because i'm not a local. however, the alarm bells were set ringing for me when our ceo said that they anticipated additional revenue from the stadium to be approx. £10 million - it only took a moments reflection on that figure to realise that moyes transfer kitty wouldn't get much of a boost, if any, after all the additional costs have been deducted. since then the expected cost to the club has soared.

as the transport fiasco became clear, it just seemed plain commercial suicide to move your business to a place that's harder for your customers to get to, no matter how loyal they may be.

Dennis, you've been consistent throughout the Kirkby debate with your view that if it provides enough revenue then you'd have no problem with Kirkby. You have no axe to grind and pretty much exclusively judge this possible move on financial not aesthetic or geographic grounds. The numbers just dont add up and you refuse to give it your support. I think others who are behind the scheme should be alarmed at that.

The latest from today can be found here.

Im a bit surprised that Newcastle wasnt brought up as an example of an inner city refurbished stadium thats been successful.

Two things I didnt like today:

1 - The lust to build a family friendly stadium. [Poor language removed] that, it is what it is and as many kids love Goodison for all the same reasons as I did when I was first took there.

2 - Ripping the Gwladys St and Bullens Road stands, on the contrary - theyre boss.

Daveks getting at me isnt he.

The latest from today can be found here.

Im a bit surprised that Newcastle wasnt brought up as an example of an inner city refurbished stadium thats been successful.

Two things I didnt like today:

1 - The lust to build a family friendly stadium. [Poor language removed] that, it is what it is and as many kids love Goodison for all the same reasons as I did when I was first took there.

2 - Ripping the Gwladys St and Bullens Road stands, on the contrary - theyre boss.

Daveks getting at me isnt he.

:lol::lol::lol: Quality. The sheer contrast :lol::lol::lol:

He agreed that the Kirkby proposal was contrary to Knowsley's existing planning policies but he pointed out that Stanley Park in Liverpool, the proposed site for Liverpool's new stadium, was designated as an historic park in Liverpool's Unitary Development Plan. But he said Liverpool City Council felt comfortable in setting aside those planning restrictions because of other, wider considerations.

We [Poor language removed] knew LCC would bend over backwards for those twaats!!!!

Mr Keirle was then presented as Everton's third witness, revealing he was an architect with over 25 years experience in the strategic design of football stadia, including the Manchester City stadium.
He said the area around Goodison Park was very constricted in terms of housing and transport and that parts of the stadium had an "historic charm" but facilities were poor in three of the four stands. He said a lot of the seats had a restricted view, spectator facilities were very poor and were "some of the worst to be found in sports stadia in Europe".

:(

Keirle: the historic Bullens Road and Gwladys Street stands in the new stadium. He said he thought these were horrible, claustrophobic structures that were "truly horrific".

Does this feller get out of the house much?

The daft, opera loving cnut.

Keirle: the historic Bullens Road and Gwladys Street stands in the new stadium. He said he thought these were horrible, claustrophobic structures that were "truly horrific".

Does this feller get out of the house much?

The daft, opera loving cnut.

When you say Opera, do you mean the type that people sing in or the browser?

He agreed that the Kirkby proposal was contrary to Knowsley's existing planning policies but he pointed out that Stanley Park in Liverpool, the proposed site for Liverpool's new stadium, was designated as an historic park in Liverpool's Unitary Development Plan. But he said Liverpool City Council felt comfortable in setting aside those planning restrictions because of other, wider considerations.

We [Poor language removed] knew LCC would bend over backwards for those twaats!!!!

he also went on to say that the money given to Liverpool wouldn't be enough to help Everton anyway...

if only they'd offered us a prime piece of land at some point in recent history for a knock down price, and put us as "favoured developers" when other schemes were actually better for the city as a whole and had the money to pay for the development....

he also went on to say that the money given to Liverpool wouldn't be enough to help Everton anyway...

if only they'd offered us a prime piece of land at some point in recent history for a knock down price, and put us as "favoured developers" when other schemes were actually better for the city as a whole and had the money to pay for the development....

The point made is the enquiry is supposed to be about the fact the Kirkby stadium is against the planning policies. But just over the way, LCC can let the [Poor language removed] build on Stanley Park even though is goes against certain planning restrictions and no-one bats an eye-lid.

Damn LCC. Always looking to do us down. They could have closed a few old people's homes, scrapped meals on wheels and sold off all the libraries and museums if they'd really wanted us at the Kings Dock. Fcuking furious here, kidda.

:coffee:

The point made is the enquiry is supposed to be about the fact the Kirkby stadium is against the planning policies. But just over the way, LCC can let the [Poor language removed] build on Stanley Park even though is goes against certain planning restrictions and no-one bats an eye-lid.

Not subject to a call in based on the violation of regional strategy as per Kirkby; passed by a previous city council regime to the one that has filed this objection to Knowsley's plans (a policy - handing over parks for builds - that the current regime is fundamentally opposed to). All in all, a pretty irrelevant point brought up by a shabby witness looking for a big pay off for the company who employs him and that stands to rake it in from a Kirkby stadium build.

Not subject to a call in based on the violation of regional strategy as per Kirkby; passed by a previous city council regime to the one that has filed this objection to Knowsley's plans (a policy - handing over parks for builds - that the current regime is fundamentally opposed to). All in all, a pretty irrelevant point brought up by a shabby witness looking for a big pay off for the company who employs him and that stands to rake it in from a Kirkby stadium build.[/quote]

You gotta hate captialism!

Not subject to a call in based on the violation of regional strategy as per Kirkby; passed by a previous city council regime to the one that has filed this objection to Knowsley's plans (a policy - handing over parks for builds - that the current regime is fundamentally opposed to). All in all, a pretty irrelevant point brought up by a shabby witness looking for a big pay off for the company who employs him and that stands to rake it in from a Kirkby stadium build.

.....and Liverpool's Stanley Park is breaking planning laws being the park is historical herritage.

The opposition asked the question about the fact Kirkby breaks planning laws. The feller turned round and said, yeah but so is Liverpool's proposed ground but have been given the big thumbs up.

And is he a shabby witness because he's actually answered the questions that werent your cup o tea?

.....and Liverpool's Stanley Park is breaking planning laws being the park is historical herritage.

The opposition asked the question about the fact Kirkby breaks planning laws. The feller turned round and said, yeah but so is Liverpool's proposed ground but have been given the big thumbs up.

And is he a shabby witness because he's actually answered the questions that werent your cup o tea?

It was a covenant on a local park...a purely local skirmish that the Secretary of State deemed not important enough to require a call in. It was wrong of that LCC regime to break with the covenant, but there you go...that was the corrupt David Henshaw run authority for you. The Kirkby development breaks all regional and national planning guidelines and therefore was called in.

You (and the repugnant Chris Potts who knows better) are comparing apples and pears mate.

<cue chico on the delights of apple turnovers>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back