Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

having just read through the thread, the one thing that struck me is that nobody has anything positive to say about the kirkby proposal. the only reason most seem to have for going is that we daren't carry on as we are as any alternatives to kirkby may be even worse, which seems a tad desperate & more than a little sad.

i'm more optimistic about a kirkby-less future, in fact i suspect staying at goodison (possibly just for a while) may be the far less risky route than proceeding as currently planned.

having just read through the thread, the one thing that struck me is that nobody has anything positive to say about the kirkby proposal. the only reason most seem to have for going is that we daren't carry on as we are as any alternatives to kirkby may be even worse, which seems a tad desperate & more than a little sad.

i'm more optimistic about a kirkby-less future, in fact i suspect staying at goodison (possibly just for a while) may be the far less risky route than proceeding as currently planned.

To be fair, Dennis, now that we've established that only Neiler amongst them is a man of letters this comes as no great surprise to me.

<haughtily looks down nose>

To be fair, Dennis, now that we've established that only Neiler amongst them is a man of letters this comes as no great surprise to me.

<haughtily looks down nose>

:lol: tbh, i just don't think there's much to sell it on - which is the big problem the club have had right from the start. i think that the club should have stuck out for a better deal or told tesco to forget it & even then i'm not sure it would be a good idea. but if the club had told tesco to keep their profit from the development & offered them our old sites (gp, bellefield) together with naming rights for a few years in return for the stadium being built & handed over complete, then they'd having something to shout about.

although the stadium is basic, that's really the least of my concerns (i actually wish it was more like the stadium it's supposed to be based upon, as kirkby looks rather watered down & far less imposing). my concern is that, even accepting the clubs own figures, it doesn't seem to be worth the financial risks as any additional revenue we make will be swallowed up in additional costs - no transfer bonanza for moyes! tied into that is the transport situation : poor transport arrangements will encourage supporters to cherry-pick their matches & lead to a lowering of average attendances, in turn exacerbating the financial situation.

Because people at both end of the arguments have banged on about it for nearly 2 years.

All I've been reading is amusing posts about pasties and pizza's. Food of the gods I might add.:P

Because people at both end of the arguments have banged on about it for nearly 2 years.

All I've been reading is amusing posts about pasties and pizza's. Food of the gods I might add.:P

but you'd think in 2 years there would be one or two positive's to come out about kirkby - the only one i can recall is : there won't be any obstructed views.

not everybody has been in a fixed pro- or anti- stance from the off, as indicated by the large number of those selected to have a vote who chose not to use them. i actually started off in favour of the idea, mainly because i considered it hobson's choice.

i wasn't too bothered about the city line issue (in my ignorance i'd always thought kirkby was part of liverpool until this issue arose), but maybe that's because i'm not a local. however, the alarm bells were set ringing for me when our ceo said that they anticipated additional revenue from the stadium to be approx. £10 million - it only took a moments reflection on that figure to realise that moyes transfer kitty wouldn't get much of a boost, if any, after all the additional costs have been deducted. since then the expected cost to the club has soared.

as the transport fiasco became clear, it just seemed plain commercial suicide to move your business to a place that's harder for your customers to get to, no matter how loyal they may be.

What happened today on "Kirkbygate"?

From the OS -

KEIOC revealed that Elstone had been banging Arteta's tasty wife which drew gasps from the enquiry team. Before anyone could do anything Elstone shouted "Get to [Poor language removed]!" before smashing Dave Kelly MBFGC (Mega Bollocked Female Gay Club) and KEIOC genius in the mush with an EFC Piggy Bank (retailing at £2.99 on the offical club store).

Bill Kenwright made a surprise appearence when he found out that the Kirkby project funding had been used to knock out a member of the oppositions front teeth, and offered the stunned enquiry team a glass of sherry and mince pie (from the Sayers in the towny next door to Somerfield) so they could forget about the whole inccident.

http://www.completeEFCbollocks.co.uk

From the OS -

KEIOC revealed that Elstone had been banging Arteta's tasty wife which drew gasps from the enquiry team. Before anyone could do anything Elstone shouted "Get to [Poor language removed]!" before smashing Dave Kelly MBFGC (Mega Bollocked Female Gay Club) and KEIOC genius in the mush with an EFC Piggy Bank (retailing at £2.99 on the offical club store).

Bill Kenwright made a surprise appearence when he found out that the Kirkby project funding had been used to knock out a member of the oppositions front teeth, and offered the stunned enquiry team a glass of sherry and mince pie (from the Sayers in the towny next door to Somerfield) so they could forget about the whole inccident.

http://www.completeEFCbollocks.co.uk

Thats [Poor language removed] KenWRONG eh.

Wow. That was almost like Christmas in the trenches, wasn't it? Playing football and bumming each other in the shell craters.

And then it was over like a sweet dream and davek called me an illiterate fuckwit. Now we're back to tying conscientious objectors to stakes in no-man's-land.

Wow. That was almost like Christmas in the trenches, wasn't it? Playing football and bumming each other in the shell craters.

And then it was over like a sweet dream and davek called me an illiterate fuckwit. Now we're back to tying conscientious objectors to stakes in no-man's-land.

Its the cycle mate. Just conclude with blaspheming the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back