Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a covenant on a local park...a purely local skirmish that the Secretary of State deemed not important enough to require a call in. It was wrong of that LCC regime to break with the covenant, but there you go...that was the corrupt David Henshaw run authority for you. The Kirkby development breaks all regional and national planning guidelines and therefore was called in.

You (and the repugnant Chris Potts who knows better) are comparing apples and pears mate.

<cue chico on the delights of apple turnovers>

Yeah, I understand that, and I do know there's more to why it was called in than the Stanley Park. I wasnt comparing the two to say why the [Poor language removed]'s hasnt been called in but mearly pointing out that LCC tend to have red-tinted specs.

While not comparing the level of severity bewtween the two, its still a relevant point (and amusing one). The fact that LCC are examining a witness and mention about the planning laws in context to Kirkby and then be pulled up about Stanley Park's rule bending is funny. Aint the L1 complex a massive planning no-no too?

But [Poor language removed] happens dont it.

Yeah, I understand that, and I do know there's more to why it was called in than the Stanley Park. I wasnt comparing the two to say why the [Poor language removed]'s hasnt been called in but mearly pointing out that LCC tend to have red-tinted specs.

While not comparing the level of severity bewtween the two, its still a relevant point

No it's not. It's not at all relevant. And it wasn't a good move, imo. The government gave Stanley Park the go ahead because it complied with policy. I dont think one of its inspectors will take too kindly to some upstart saying it shouldn't have.

(and amusing one). The fact that LCC are examining a witness and mention about the planning laws in context to Kirkby and then be pulled up about Stanley Park's rule bending is funny. Aint the L1 complex a massive planning no-no too?

No, Liverpool is a 'regional centre' (with Manchester alone) and therefore can forge ahead with such massive projects - as they have. Kirkby, on the other hand, is not even on the radar in terms of regional importance, yet its council and Tesco propose a development that will see it leapfrog to 6th in regional importance. It's a wrecking ball through the recently agreed government office for the north west regional spatial strategy - it will be a monumental decision to give it the go ahead as it now stands, hence the other councils asking for it to be reduced in scale, not scuppered totally.

".....the historic Bullens Road and Gwladys Street stands are horrible, claustrophobic structures ...truly horrific".

......24 hours later.........

An Everton Half Season Ticket is the perfect Christmas gift for the Evertonian in your life.

"The second half of the football season is when it gets exciting. It is when the crucial events take place and the defining moments we remember for generations occur.
That is why an Everton Half Season Ticket is the perfect Christmas gift for the Evertonian in your life."

Top Balcony £290
Main Stand £308
Upper Gwladys £290
Lower Gwladys £263
Upper Bullens £308
Lower Bullens £242
Paddock £290
Park End £317
Family Enclosure £290

Half Season Tickets 2008/09 &ndash; Tickets &ndash; evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

What a shameless bunch of [Poor language removed] they are at Everton FC.

Bit harsh that Dave, mate.

Just cos a building contractor or whoever he is says the structures are horrible (in his opinion, and isnt running the club or a member of it) doesnt mean the club is shameless because they're having half price on season tickets. What they gonna do, not half the prices of the tickets for those stands?

Its good they're knocking the price down in todays climate and how the tickets prices are nowdays.

Spilt milk mate.

Bit harsh that Dave, mate.

Just cos a building contractor or whoever he is says the structures are horrible (in his opinion, and isnt running the club or a member of it) doesnt mean the club is shameless because they're having half price on season tickets. What they gonna do, not half the prices of the tickets for those stands?

Its good they're knocking the price down in todays climate and how the tickets prices are nowdays.

Spilt milk mate.

Sorry mate, the club employed that man to be at the Inquiry and have described his performance on the official site as 'impressive'. And let's face it, Elstone's evidence the day before encouraged him to take the gloves off and lay into what Kenwright likes to call 'the Old Lady'.

No hiding place from this. These people like Elstone have nailed their colours to the mast as far as Goodison is concerned. It's [Poor language removed] or bust for him: if the club doesn't get the nod, I fail to see how he can remain in his position after this. He's said we simply plough on at the Goodison he's been verbally dmolishing. You cant put that genie back into the bottle. No wonder he's acting CEO...he's on very thin ice now.

Thats it close Goodison, im sure Tranmere will let us have Prenton Park and Cammel Lairds need some money, im sure we could use their pitch.

Damn the club for trying to sell tickets!!!!

CARTER OUT

Thats it close Goodison, im sure Tranmere will let us have Prenton Park and Cammel Lairds need some money, im sure we could use their pitch.

Damn the club for trying to sell tickets!!!!

CARTER OUT

Missed the point by a country mile. Oh well.........

I saw your point. Your sayin the club are shameless for trying to shift tickets in stands that 24 hours before, were basically saying arent fit for purpose.

I see every point you try to make, i aint stupid, if i was stupid i would move to Norway and become a RS.

I just like to try wind you up, sadly it doesnt work, cos the club does that better than anybody can.

I saw your point. Your sayin the club are shameless for trying to shift tickets in stands that 24 hours before, were basically saying arent fit for purpose.

I see every point you try to make, i aint stupid, if i was stupid i would move to Norway and become a RS.

I just like to try wind you up, sadly it doesnt work, cos the club does that better than anybody can.

Iz right kidda.

He said he thought these were horrible, claustrophobic structures that were "truly horrific" to anyone other than hardened football fans.

You could argue that half season ticket purchasers are "hardened football fans" and therefore would find it aestheitically pleasing.

You could argue anything in fairness.

But that's not the point either. Keirle is a professional in his field and Everton have employed him to give his OPINION regarding the structure of Goodison Park. And in his OPINION he said the two stands were [Poor language removed]. What do you want him to do, Dave? Sugar coat it and say "A lick of paint will be fine, they're class stands, world class." He gave his professional view, not the clubs view, the fans view. Just like the thread on this board about YOUR pro's and cons about Goodison. I sit in the Gwladys Street end and that got ripped into by general fans for being a [Poor language removed] stand.

But guess what? They still go to the games in whatever seat they can get and the club has to be run.

Sorry mate, the club employed that man to be at the Inquiry and have described his performance on the official site as 'impressive'. And let's face it, Elstone's evidence the day before encouraged him to take the gloves off and lay into what Kenwright likes to call 'the Old Lady'.

Maybe it was impressive, I wouldnt know. But reading up on it, it seems he answered eveything that was thrown at him.

But the club slashing its ticket prices is a good thing, and a professional architect saying the stands are [Poor language removed] is for the most part true in peoples OPINION.

You could argue that half season ticket purchasers are "hardened football fans" and therefore would find it aestheitically pleasing.

You could argue anything in fairness.

The man's a fruitcake. If sitting in the Bullens Road is "truly horrific" what must he think of tsunamis and holocausts? There isn't much left in the lexicon for old David Keirle to turn to and convey his thoughts on those events.

And the worst thing is the club's applauding of it: 'an impressive piece of evidence'...oh, and by the way, the half season tickets are on sale...dont forget to buy your loved ones them...tell them what you think of them and how special they are by putting them in "horrific" conditions.

Last edited:
I think comparing it against tsunamis and holocausts is a little extreme in fairness pal.

But I didnt like his family friendly create-the-atmosphere type view. But then thats just me, there'll be families made up with their proposals wont there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back