Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you been to this site?

you DO know it's not just the bit inside the "loop" don't you?

off the top of my head, you put the supermarket underneath the stadium and a number of retail units where the derelict flats are (or were about six months ago when I last went past) and a multi-storey car park on the other side of Scotty Road, linked by multi-level bridges to the stadium / retail park

I'm sure architects would be able to come up with much better plans than that though - oh look, they have!

So do you think Everton would have rejected it if it was that simple?

How much does the land cost compared to that in Kirkkkkkkby?

Liverpool City Centre doesn't need such a big redevelopment as much as Kirkkkkkby.

Tesco would face competition in Liverpool, who is offering the competition in Kirkkkkkkby?#

This is Tesco doing Everton a favour, they wont rearrange all their plans to accommodate us. and there's nothing wrong with it being in Kirkkkkkby anyway, its a 20 minute train ride from Kirkdale, if that.

Link it, its not even on the idiots (sorry key-ock) page

You know better than to do things off the top of your head, its bad enough when you actually try and things through. The site has been rejected by both clubs for the same reason, its too small. Get over it, its beyond boring

Blatant wind up...the real Halewood Blue would have more than one spelling mistake there....and no punctuation.

98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

Liverpool City Centre doesn't need such a big redevelopment as much as Kirkkkkkby.

Tesco would face competition in Liverpool, who is offering the competition in Kirkkkkkkby?#

This is Tesco doing Everton a favour, they wont rearrange all their plans to accommodate us. and there's nothing wrong with it being in Kirkkkkkby anyway, its a 20 minute train ride from Kirkdale, if that.

There's just so much wrong with that, it's like someone's purposely trying to wind someone else up.....oh, hold on.........

the land is the same price to Everton, because they won't own the land in Kirkby or at The Loop...

ASDA are Tesco's main competition in kirkby, although their store is a car-ride away at Aintree (one junction on the 57) although unless Somerfield are evicted from their kirkby store, then they may be a small amount of competition

I would suggest that the stadium in Kirkby is Everton doing Tesco a favour though. Without Everton, Kirkby is a small town with a population of 42,000 that doesn't need a retail park. With Everton, Kirkby is the home of a Premier League football team, a big splash on the map, a place worthy of a retail park...

As for the train ride, what would you prefer? 20 minutes cooked up on a train with 900 other people - and an hour long wait for the same pleasure on the way back, or no train ride at all?

the land is the same price to Everton, because they won't own the land in Kirkby or at The Loop...

ASDA are Tesco's main competition in kirkby, although their store is a car-ride away at Aintree (one junction on the 57) although unless Somerfield are evicted from their kirkby store, then they may be a small amount of competition

I would suggest that the stadium in Kirkby is Everton doing Tesco a favour though. Without Everton, Kirkby is a small town with a population of 42,000 that doesn't need a retail park. With Everton, Kirkby is the home of a Premier League football team, a big splash on the map, a place worthy of a retail park...

As for the train ride, what would you prefer? 20 minutes cooked up on a train with 900 other people - and an hour long wait for the same pleasure on the way back, or no train ride at all?

I dont live in the city to be fair, probably why it's hard for me to see the cons of the deal. Wherever it is I'm on the train.

All I know is Everton need a ground ASAP, Kirkby is a viable option, and its much further down the line than any other proposed site.

From where I'm looking, there seems to be nothing wrong with Kirkby.

Thats funny, Speke has a thriving retail park with less than half the pop of kirkby.....go figure.
Unless you actually live in the city centre or have a car, some sort of public transportation will be involved and not no train ride as you suggest. Finally its too small

I dont live in the city to be fair, probably why it's hard for me to see the cons of the deal. Wherever it is I'm on the train.

All I know is Everton need a ground ASAP, Kirkby is a viable option, and its much further down the line than any other proposed site.

From where I'm looking, there seems to be nothing wrong with Kirkby.

This is your journey to and from Kirkby by train...

You arrive at Lime Street and walk through the city centre of Liverpool to Central Station

Assuming you want to get to Kirkby early, you'll probably be on a moderately busy train to Kirkby station - you might even get a seat - which is a 15 minute walk from the proposed ground.

After the match, assuming you want to leave straight away, you walk 15 minutes to the station, and wait for the next train to Liverpool. Trains are every 15 minutes, which, if everything runs smoothly, can be increased to every 10, and hold 900 people if you stand VERY close together.

The club estimate that 4,000 fans will want to go this route.

If you are fan number 1 to 900 then you're onthe first train. You might get a seat, or you might be forced to stand chest to chest with an away fan.

Anywhere after that and you've got a wait. With up to 3,000 other Blues, and if we've played Man Utd or City, up to 2,000 of them too.

Your wait may be 10 minutes for the next train, or 30 for the 4th train.

If you are on the fourth train, you will be waiting in the carpark, which doesn't have a roof (and there are no plans to build one according to Merseytravel who operate it)

So, 30 minutes in May - that's nice, get a decent tan.

30 minutes in December, in the rain. Not so nice. That's after a 15 minute walk, in the rain.

You are then crammed onto a packed train standing as near as possible without getting naked to hoardes of other fans who will be as soaked as you. Your ride to Liverpool Central is roughly 12 minutes.

In August or May, after a win, that's bearable - just about.

In December or January after a defeat?

Of course, there are pubs in Kirkby you could go to after the game. Or the club could enforce one of it's ideas and keep fans (home fans included) locked in the stadium for an hour after the final whistle

Either option is fine if you've not got to get anywhere, or you like a drink, or if you're even in the mood for a drink. Although this is more likely after a win, and probably more likely when the sun is shining as even the best pubs around Goodison end up packed with people ending up stood outside...

Kirkby is a £25 taxi ride from Liverpool City Centre though, if you would prefer that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats funny, Speke has a thriving retail park with less than half the pop of kirkby.....go figure.
Unless you actually live in the city centre or have a car, some sort of public transportation will be involved and not no train ride as you suggest. Finally its too small

Ah right

Simon Currie, jack of all trades has said it's too small

Sorry HOK, stadium designers, you're just wrong.

That's the end of that then.

As for Speke, it's in Liverpool....so the population taken into account when planning that particular retail park was the population of Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back