Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the pub moved out-of-town to a place with poor public transport and you would have to park your car a 45-minute walk away? And if there were other options (in footballing terms "watch it on telly in the pub")?

Do you think that might have an impact on the number of customers?

Poor examples there's Makis, IMO, as there are pubs everywhere. If one moves, you just go to the other local pub lol.

What you I could say to that is (in pub terms)....if that pub did move but served the best, award winning, steak and ale pie or sunday roast, people would go out their way to eat there. Many pubs and restaurants are like that. The pubs offer something else.

In stadium terms - the food on offer is the football team. If its not good (like now) they wont come, and like now they'd chose to watch it on the TV etc. If it is good, they will come no matter how inconvienient it is. Its not impossible to get to, just inconvienient.

Thats the way I see it.

And SI, you wouldnt be supporting the stadium move by going the match. Its about supporting the team and club when you go and see them not the stadium.

If the move does happen, cant people just bite the bullet and take it, admit defeat even though they fought well? Bury the hatchet and get back to the matter of supporting the team? Because I'm pretty sure the ones that are Pro-DK will. Because IF it did go through, nothing would stop it. Once its built, it cant be knocked down. So its either take it on the chin if it does happen, or cut your nose to spite your face.

I'll "take it on the chin" and I'll move on

My money will be nestling in my bank account or spent on something else that will bring me enjoyment

That's what being a "customer" is about, the right to decide what you spend your money on. Mine won't go into the club (directly) once the stadium in Kirkby is built.

I'll watch on Sky, or in a pub, or on the internet - I'll be supporting the team in the same way as thousands of other Blues from across the globe do (many in Liverpool in fact) but I'll be about £2,000 a season better off. The extra money would make up for not seeing Everton once a fortnight.

Or like for example, obstructed views, poor facilitiies, stinking toilets and that. You could argue they would have an impact compared to other modern day sports stadia.
Fans are used to those conditions and I would bet if you asked people which they prefer, spending an extra 90 minutes getting to and from the match or stinking toilets, they would choose the former.

Why is it impossible to clean the toilets at GP and what will magically make them clean in Kirkby?

Poor examples there's Makis, IMO, as there are pubs everywhere. If one moves, you just go to the other local pub lol.

What you I could say to that is (in pub terms)....if that pub did move but served the best, award winning, steak and ale pie or sunday roast, people would go out their way to eat there. Many pubs and restaurants are like that. The pubs offer something else.

In stadium terms - the food on offer is the football team. If its not good (like now) they wont come, and like now they'd chose to watch it on the TV etc. If it is good, they will come no matter how inconvienient it is. Its not impossible to get to, just inconvienient.

Thats the way I see it.
Not good? It has been the best in a long time and if the club has to increase debt levels considerably, how will they invest in better players?

And would you really spend an extra 90 minutes or so of your Sunday so you get to that pub instead of one of the others? I wouldn't, I have better things to do in my life.

And just as there are pubs, people can watch the match on the telly either home or in the pub. If it's too inconvenient to get to the match more people will choose the easier option. Not everyone is willing to go to any lengths to get to the match, like walking 45 minutes each way in the rain in December.

Fans are used to those conditions and I would bet if you asked people which they prefer, spending an extra 90 minutes getting to and from the match or stinking toilets, they would choose the former.

Why is it impossible to clean the toilets at GP and what will magically make them clean in Kirkby?

Not good? It has been the best in a long time and if the club has to increase debt levels considerably, how will they invest in better players?

And would you really spend an extra 90 minutes or so of your Sunday so you get to that pub instead of one of the others? I wouldn't, I have better things to do in my life.

And just as there are pubs, people can watch the match on the telly either home or in the pub. If it's too inconvenient to get to the match more people will choose the easier option. Not everyone is willing to go to any lengths to get to the match, like walking 45 minutes each way in the rain in December.

Hows it 90 minutes? Is everyone going by car? Is everyone going to park 45 minutes away from the ground? Are you telling me that EVERYONE will park at least 45 minutes from the ground? Dont be silly. Have you factored in people going who will have savings based on distance? So its not everyone? What about the train station; thats not 45 minutes from the ground. The bus? Blues from Kirkby? People going by taxi? People getting dropped off by the ground?

Its a personal choice isnt it but there will be lots of people who will appreciate the better facilities.

Re; the toilets, it was an example of one of many factors. And its spot on, a new stadium would have better toilets as the ones in the ground now are bad. And theyre landlocked in design.

The problem might well be that our traditional recruitment area, being the city of Liverpool and its surrounding areas, is eroded in part. Thus, it might not be the retention of oldies like ourselves that is the problem, but recruiting newbies instead. Unless, of course, people are prepared to tramp all the way to Kirkby from the likes of south Liverpool, the Wirral and beyond. As far as I can see, the new support will most likely appear from the Knowsley, north Liverpool, St. Helens, Skem and West Lancashire regions. Will that be enough? And I'm talking 20 years down the road, not tomorrow or the year after.

I'm with Chico. I dont think it would have too much on an impact 20 years down the line (hopefully).

In terms of the people going the match - yeah, the majority of people going would be supporters who are nearer the location, which still doesnt discount a large portion of people from the Liverpool area.

In terms of new fans....I've always said, blue blood runs in the family and is passed down (Dad supports Everton, Son supports Everton etc). Generations have had decades of being under the red-[Poor language removed] shadow and could easily follow them, but they dont. I cant see that changing.

What does that matter you meddling monster?

You going to accuse them of a clique?

No mate. I'd say if I was from Kirkby I'd be delighted that the club I support were connected to my town (even if it is a bit weird having Everton in Kirkby...like having Wimbledon in Milton Keynes I suppose). But that doesn't mean it'd be good for the club itself. I reckon the large amount (I'm guessing based on observation) of Kirkby kiddas on here who love the townie would not be open to any other options to build a stadium for Everton.

It is relevant I think.

No mate. I'd say if I was from Kirkby I'd be delighted that the club I support were connected to my town (even if it is a bit weird having Everton in Kirkby...like having Wimbledon in Milton Keynes I suppose). But that doesn't mean it'd be good for the club itself. I reckon the large amount (I'm guessing based on observation) of Kirkby kiddas on here who love the townie would not be open to any other options to build a stadium for Everton.

It is relevant I think.

I think most blues from Kirkby would be making their decision based on it being Everton rather than the effect on Kirkby wouldnt you say. How many people from Kirkby do you know that love the townie too? Its convenient but not much more than that.

For instance, I have connections to Kirkby but I'd rather stay at Goodison if we had that option as thats where I prefer going to the match but I dont mind the Kirkby option as its progression, in my opinion. I want my club to win things again in my lifetime and the ground move may help that.

Once again youre trying to muddy the waters, youre not going to find widespread support for KEIOC on here mate. You will find it on the Peoples Forum and Toffeeweb. Thats cool, each to their own.

But isnt a major factor in the move trying to attract investment/investors? (cue everyone saying we'll never be sold cos Kenwrong wont do it). But the picture portrayed is the ideal of getting investment by making us attractive for buyers, and that's just not to Kirkby, but anywhere isnt it?

Maybe's and But's - but if due to the move and we get Citeh money, I'm sure people would come.

Personally, yes. Its either go to whetherspoons (watch the match on TV) or go to a top market pub with a star cheif (sp) ie Moyes, Arteta etc dishing out top grub (football) against a top team. Again, if the team's playing bad, less are going to turn up and vice versa.

Isnt that the case now? No ones turning up to the match becaue of a lot of factors - and as KEIOC put it we'd never fill a 50,000 seater stadium where ever we go.

I think most blues from Kirkby would be making their decision based on it being Everton rather than the effect on Kirkby wouldnt you say. How many people from Kirkby do you know that love the townie too? Its convenient but not much more than that.

I have no idea, that's why I asked who was from there inviting their response on that.

For instance, I have connections to Kirkby but I'd rather stay at Goodison if we had that option as thats where I prefer going to the match but I dont mind the Kirkby option as its progression, in my opinion. I want my club to win things again in my lifetime and the ground move may help that.

But we can stay at Goodison. Even the club admit that now.

Once again youre trying to muddy the waters, youre not going to find widespread support for KEIOC on here mate. You will find it on the Peoples Forum and Toffeeweb. Thats cool, each to their own.

Come on mate, you're better than that...MUCH better.

It is relevant I think.

I'll counter that by saying -- how many people live in Liverpool City Centre or near GP? So it works both ways that argumement. And on the subject of "agendas" its like saying maybe some members of KEIOC arent from Liverpool, or members from the Kirkby Action Group or whatever are Red [Poor language removed] fans etc etc it can go on and on so their views are skewed ie people from Liverpool dont want to move, people from Kirkby do. Its not like that.

And you've pointed out before there are plenty of people from Kirkby trying to stop the move, who are helping KEIOC. And you've also mentioned before that a large chunk of people voted not to have it in their town etc, so its not like they're embracing it with open arms.

You dragged me down to your level there.

You half meant the clique thing though didnt you? Monster.

Nah, it seems to have caused some upset along with the levity though. I'm glad to retract it. G.O.T. is not dominated by a clique.*

*thats what they want you to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back