Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, im going to take Daves theory and run with it a little. You see im not from Liverpool, the city for me is not home, its just a place on the otherside of some water which i visit once every 2 weeks or so in order to watch Everton. When i was younger it was somewhere i would visit for a nightout and also a decent place to shop round Christmas.

I dont consider myself to be a scouser, but i do consider myself to be part of Merseyside and because i have a slight scouse accent i am associated with the City and whenever i visit other places i am indeed looked upon as a scouser.

So KEIOC means nothing to me, Everton is not in my City, Everton is in my heart, Goodison is where MY team plays, the fact that its in Liverpool means nothing to me. I love Goodison, i love everything about it, the smell that you get @ halftime, when my mate looks at me and says for the 10,000 time "Have u got ur lucky groggs on again". So i dont want to leave Goodison, if we have to move i would prefer it was within the City of Liverpool, but only because thats where our roots are.

So for me Kirkby is in Liverpool, i KNOW its not, but im not a local, so do i care if we move 4 miles away, no, its only 4 miles afterall.

Just my view, from a semi outsider point of view.

Well, im going to take Daves theory and run with it a little. You see im not from Liverpool, the city for me is not home, its just a place on the otherside of some water which i visit once every 2 weeks or so in order to watch Everton. When i was younger it was somewhere i would visit for a nightout and also a decent place to shop round Christmas.

I dont consider myself to be a scouser, but i do consider myself to be part of Merseyside and because i have a slight scouse accent i am associated with the City and whenever i visit other places i am indeed looked upon as a scouser.

So KEIOC means nothing to me, Everton is not in my City, Everton is in my heart, Goodison is where MY team plays, the fact that its in Liverpool means nothing to me. I love Goodison, i love everything about it, the smell that you get @ halftime, when my mate looks at me and says for the 10,000 time "Have u got ur lucky groggs on again". So i dont want to leave Goodison, if we have to move i would prefer it was within the City of Liverpool, but only because thats where our roots are.

So for me Kirkby is in Liverpool, i KNOW its not, but im not a local, so do i care if we move 4 miles away, no, its only 4 miles afterall.

Where are you from, mate?

I get ya point.

For me - I cant really argue with facts or figures that basically say "this wont work" (the ammo for the anti-DK) because its black and white. But opinions with things like "it wont be Everton, I'm not going to there,soul smashing of the club etc" I'm not a fan of really. The footy comes first for me and I'll always watch my favourite team, not letting politics and finacial sides get in the way of that.

As someone with connections to Kirkby, it'd be an honour for any place in merseyside to have Everton as their home and I'm sure the bluenoses in Kirkby will be made up its on their doorstep.

But I'm also sure they'd rather have the tesco redevelopment of the area than the baggage that comes with the stadium to be honest. For me, its like the stadium is the bonus. But having better shopping, cleaner places, jobs, oppourtunitys, other businesses coming to the town far more exceeds in the long run for the town than just the 1 day of football a week.

Its entertainment at the end of the day but the redevelopment is where the importance lies IMO. And if the stadium is key to that, I'll always have a shine to it.

But I'm in the frame of mind of I'll go where the club goes when the decision is made. I can argue the toss whether its good or bad, but there's nothing I/we/anyone else can do when things are greenlit and moving. Even if the ground was at the other end of Liverpool/Knowsley, I'd still go - its a day out.

Most important thing is Kirkby gets something - which I'm sure it will. It is a deprived area - though not the ghetto that the [Poor language removed] from Knowsley Council and Tesco are portraying it as, to their eternal shame.

I do think in all honesty though mate that a football stadium of that size landing on the doorstep of a smallish town ill-equipped to deal with it is one of those monumental [Poor language removed] ups that big business foist upon communities and the public pick up the pieces as best they can afterward. If you're a blue season ticket holder you're made up. If you dont fal into that category you are having the piss taken on a grand scale.

Personally, yes. Its either go to whetherspoons (watch the match on TV) or go to a top market pub with a star cheif (sp) ie Moyes, Arteta etc dishing out top grub (football) against a top team. Again, if the team's playing bad, less are going to turn up and vice versa.
I didn't ask your personal opinion. I would hazard a guess that you alone in that stadium wouldn't quite be enough for the club?

Again, do you think it would affect some people? Do you think everyone who now goes to the match would be willing to go to Kirkby?

Isnt that the case now? No ones turning up to the match becaue of a lot of factors - and as KEIOC put it we'd never fill a 50,000 seater stadium where ever we go.
It would at least take a long time of being very succesful before we would do that. The problem with the idea of attracting investment to make the team better has one major flaw: what if this investor is not in it just for fun? Wouldn't it then be better to maximise the club's own income rather than rely on a sugardaddy to pay the bills?

Its not a pub last time i looked, so utterly silly comparison
I thought you wouldn't write to me any more? (No wonder, it's so easy to make you look a complete idiot.)

And you can complain about the pub comparisons to whoever brought it up.

You've completely missed the point (it's like giving donkeys strawberries this). The question about who was from Kirkby was not to bring up the dead argument about how scouse Kirkby is or the boundary issue. It was to try and find out why many people on here who seem reasonably intelligent are so dead set against even considering options outside the Barr retaildome.

:unsure:

You've completely missed the point (it's like giving donkeys strawberries this). The question about who was from Kirkby was not to bring up the dead argument about how scouse Kirkby is or the boundary issue. It was to try and find out why many people on here who seem reasonably intelligent are so dead set against even considering options outside the Barr retaildome.

:unsure:

And i gave my viewpoint from my location, which is the wirral. None of us really want Kirkby, we all would rather stay at Goodison, Clarence Dock, The Loop, we ALL want these before Kirkby, but none of them other than Kirkby are affordable to the club with the current board.

I didn't ask your personal opinion. I would hazard a guess that you alone in that stadium wouldn't quite be enough for the club?

Again, do you think it would affect some people? Do you think everyone who now goes to the match would be willing to go to Kirkby?

It would at least take a long time of being very succesful before we would do that. The problem with the idea of attracting investment to make the team better has one major flaw: what if this investor is not in it just for fun? Wouldn't it then be better to maximise the club's own income rather than rely on a sugardaddy to pay the bills?

I thought you wouldn't write to me any more? (No wonder, it's so easy to make you look a complete idiot.)

And you can complain about the pub comparisons to whoever brought it up.

Well, its me posting so I'll throw MY PERSONAL OPINIONS when I want whether you asked for it or not. And me sitting alone in a stadium wouldnt be enough for the club but it'd be good for me to see the team play. My choice.

Of course it will affect people, I never said it wouldnt. Do I think everyone who now goes the match would be willing to go to Kirkby? What kind of question is that?
Erm.....yeah, EVERYONE will go because we're boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back