Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are watching.

I meant to cheap point score off your Wimbledon subject and point out its exactly NOTHING like the Kirkby thing as were not changing our name and its only four miles away. As opposed to Wimbledon to Milton Keynes.

You massive over reactor you.

I'll counter that by saying -- how many people live in Liverpool City Centre or near GP? So it works both ways that argumement. And on the subject of "agendas" its like saying maybe some members of KEIOC arent from Liverpool, or members from the Kirkby Action Group or whatever are Red [Poor language removed] fans etc etc it can go on and on so their views are skewed ie people from Liverpool dont want to move, people from Kirkby do. Its not like that.

And you've pointed out before there are plenty of people from Kirkby trying to stop the move, who are helping KEIOC. And you've also mentioned before that a large chunk of people voted not to have it in their town etc, so its not like they're embracing it with open arms.

All fair points mate. Dave Kelly who's chair of Keioc is from Kirkby i believe, so that backs you up.

Maybe I'm just trying to understand what it must be like in general if you're a blue and from Kirkby or hailed from there at least. I think I would be proud the club might be coming to my town, and that it might blind me to the strenghtn of argument against the move there. Just trying to understand what seems to be the mindset on the forum with respect to that.

Where's Neiler with his psychology masters degree when you need him?

Everton inquiry: Mystery surrounds Kirkby’s £52million economic miracle - Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk

I just feel sorry for the population of Knowsley getting ripped off on the land deal passing from Knowsley MBC to Tesco. Bit [Poor language removed] that. Looks like the corruption is in the open anyway, which is a good thing like. (y)

You couldnt give 2 hoots about the people of knowsley so why you being two faced about it. I find it very funny that people who have never been to kirkby suddenly want to 'protect' there best interests..Utter bull

What if the pub moved out-of-town to a place with poor public transport and you would have to park your car a 45-minute walk away? And if there were other options (in footballing terms "watch it on telly in the pub")?

Do you think that might have an impact on the number of customers?

Its not a pub last time i looked, so utterly silly comparison

Whenever somebodys comes up with a decent arguement davey boy always has to try turn into something that its not.

What decent argument are we talking about here that I'm turning into something else? It always helps to be specific when you're slagging someone off.

All fair points mate. Dave Kelly who's chair of Keioc is from Kirkby i believe, so that backs you up.

Maybe I'm just trying to understand what it must be like in general if you're a blue and from Kirkby or hailed from there at least. I think I would be proud the club might be coming to my town, and that it might blind me to the strenghtn of argument against the move there. Just trying to understand what seems to be the mindset on the forum with respect to that.

Where's Neiler with his psychology masters degree when you need him?

I get ya point.

For me - I cant really argue with facts or figures that basically say "this wont work" (the ammo for the anti-DK) because its black and white. But opinions with things like "it wont be Everton, I'm not going to there,soul smashing of the club etc" I'm not a fan of really. The footy comes first for me and I'll always watch my favourite team, not letting politics and finacial sides get in the way of that.

As someone with connections to Kirkby, it'd be an honour for any place in merseyside to have Everton as their home and I'm sure the bluenoses in Kirkby will be made up its on their doorstep.

But I'm also sure they'd rather have the tesco redevelopment of the area than the baggage that comes with the stadium to be honest. For me, its like the stadium is the bonus. But having better shopping, cleaner places, jobs, oppourtunitys, other businesses coming to the town far more exceeds in the long run for the town than just the 1 day of football a week.

Its entertainment at the end of the day but the redevelopment is where the importance lies IMO. And if the stadium is key to that, I'll always have a shine to it.

But I'm in the frame of mind of I'll go where the club goes when the decision is made. I can argue the toss whether its good or bad, but there's nothing I/we/anyone else can do when things are greenlit and moving. Even if the ground was at the other end of Liverpool/Knowsley, I'd still go - its a day out.

I was joking at people for Kirkby not being Scousers by the way, there as scouse as any of us...

Half my family are from Kirkby, around Southdene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back