Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its working, we can all have a good old rant here, talk footy stuff in the other forum and talk utter bolloxs in the ale house.

You got your house in good order my friend, 3 cheers for the Mods.

Of course it will affect people, I never said it wouldnt. Do I think everyone who now goes the match would be willing to go to Kirkby? What kind of question is that?
Erm.....yeah, EVERYONE will go because we're boss
OK, I accept you have absolutely no clue on what I was talking about (or this subject, for that matter). Never mind then.

OK, I accept you have absolutely no clue on what I was talking about (or this subject, for that matter). Never mind then.

LOL Yeah, I'm not worthy enough or intelligent enough to agree with Makis therefore I dont understand ANYTHING....

Apart from your question - "Again, do you think it would affect some people? Do you think everyone who now goes to the match would be willing to go to Kirkby?"

I found it to be a stupid question so I gave you a stupid answer because its a question he cant answer either.

** cue stats sheet saying how 30,000's match goers all took a survay to say they'd never go to Kirkby**

You can find anything on the internet if you look hard enough.

Theres probably a pineapple-on-pizza enthiasts site.

you have been on the pina coladas today havn't you.

onto topic...

Any new stadium is better than no stadium. Goodison is crumbling and becoming our burial site.

LOL Yeah, I'm not worthy enough or intelligent enough to agree with Makis therefore I dont understand ANYTHING....

Apart from your question - "Again, do you think it would affect some people? Do you think everyone who now goes to the match would be willing to go to Kirkby?"

I found it to be a stupid question so I gave you a stupid answer because its a question he cant answer either.

** cue stats sheet saying how 30,000's match goers all took a survay to say they'd never go to Kirkby**
Just answer a simple question: what does it have to do with Kirkby being a good or bad idea to the club what YOU and YOU ONLY would do?

The only argument you seem to have is "well, I would go". So *****ing what? Do you really think that is enough? If not, what sort of an argument is that?

I.e. if you don't want to be treated like an idiot, don't use arguments like that.

So, let's try again:

Do you think Kirkby's location (transport-wise, none of the crap about borders) will have an effect on attendances (meaning the rest of the world, not you)? Will there be people who will opt not to go? If so, where will the club get so much more new fans (some of which will again be put off by the transport issues) that this is offset and bearing in mind the club requires the attendances to go up just to pay the debt, the extra fans?

No need for surveys. Use your own brain.

If, on the other hand, these are questions you are unable to answer, why do you think it still makes sense? Remember, the only reason the club thinks this can be offset is the "nufans" that will flock from the "Liverpool-Manchester corridor". They apparently have never heard of football (or rugby in some parts)...

Theres no need to be a tit mate.
When someone argues with stupid arguments I tend to get irritated.

Do you think Kirkby's location (transport-wise, none of the crap about borders) will have an effect on attendances (meaning the rest of the world, not you)?No of course not, no fan that goes the game now will be put off by traveling an extra 4 miles.

Will there be people who will opt not to go?Only very, very stubborn fans, not a great deal in terms of numbers

If so, where will the club get so much more new fans (some of which will again be put off by the transport issues) that this is offset and bearing in mind the club requires the attendances to go up just to pay the debt, the extra fans?We wont need any extra fans, if people are going to go, they will go regardless of location

If, on the other hand, these are questions you are unable to answer, why do you think it still makes sense? Remember, the only reason the club thinks this can be offset is the "nufans" that will flock from the "Liverpool-Manchester corridor". They apparently have never heard of football (or rugby in some parts)...

When someone argues with stupid arguments I tend to get irritated.

But then you say something like that?

I thought you wouldn't write to me any more? (No wonder, it's so easy to make you look a complete idiot.)

And you can complain about the pub comparisons to whoever brought it up.

That was last night, i thought i would talk to you today as your funny and i want some light relief. Thankfully you provide it in abundance

Just answer a simple question: what does it have to do with Kirkby being a good or bad idea to the club what YOU and YOU ONLY would do?

The only argument you seem to have is "well, I would go". So *****ing what? Do you really think that is enough? If not, what sort of an argument is that?

When did I ever jump in with the agruement of "Well, I would go"? If you read it over my arguement was if the level of football was good and of a high standard, being that it is football this is all for at the end of the day, people would come.

Your question was, would I go out of my way to see them? And PERSONALLY I would take that extra journey time to see it, just like I'd journey to Manchester to see a band play, go to Spain for a good, hot holiday because I cant see or go to them anywhere ele. And I'm sure other people would too.

I.e. if you don't want to be treated like an idiot, don't use arguments like that.

No offence but who are you to say what arguements I can and cant use?

So, let's try again:
So you're actually asking a real question now?

Do you think Kirkby's location (transport-wise, none of the crap about borders) will have an effect on attendances (meaning the rest of the world, not you)?

Maybe so, who knows? All answers point to yes, but who really knows untill people actually try and go there on mass on a matchday. Isnt it why there's a debate going on?

Will there be people who will opt not to go? If so, where will the club get so much more new fans (some of which will again be put off by the transport issues) that this is offset and bearing in mind the club requires the attendances to go up just to pay the debt, the extra fans?

Of course they'll be people who opt not to go. I argue that people have already made their minds up without even seeing anything built or attempting to go base on figures and documents. There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the it IMO. But yes, they'll be people who'll not want to go.

But KEIOC have pointed out the arguement that where ever we go, we'll never fill a 50,000 seater stadium. So overall, we're [Poor language removed] either way to pay any debt where ever we attempt to move to.

No need for surveys. Use your own brain.

If, on the other hand, these are questions you are unable to answer, why do you think it still makes sense?

I never said it makes sense. In fact I've said that fact and figures cant be argued against and I never have.

Last edited:
Do you think Kirkby's location (transport-wise, none of the crap about borders) will have an effect on attendances (meaning the rest of the world, not you)?No of course not, no fan that goes the game now will be put off by traveling an extra 4 miles.

Will there be people who will opt not to go?Only very, very stubborn fans, not a great deal in terms of numbers

If so, where will the club get so much more new fans (some of which will again be put off by the transport issues) that this is offset and bearing in mind the club requires the attendances to go up just to pay the debt, the extra fans?We wont need any extra fans, if people are going to go, they will go regardless of location

Pink text?!!!

Are you trying to out yourself?

:P

When you said "reasonably intelligent" did you mean perhaps me Davek? Please say so.

And then confirm that you didnt include Cal in that bracket.

STITCH THAT.

No, I'd say you are intelligent...though you do make the odd snide comment like 'why dont you [Poor language removed] to Toffeepleb' (or words to that effect). Anyway, I dont want to get into all this elitist 'I'm more intelligent than you/look at my qualifications' stuff. That's Neiler's job - arrogant so and so. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back