Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no need to be a tit mate.

I love it when Chico starts calling people names. I know now he doesn't really mean it. I took offence at first but soon learned

Remember that episode of Frazier when they were watching the antiques roadshow and they ahd to shout out everytime they heard the word 'veneer'?

I'm like that with you Chico....I shout out 'Melt' or 'Tit' at the computer screen when I see that you've got out your ammo again. You've been mellowing of late, however. Don't let your guard down.

(I think I've been indoors too long....)

The shits gone down this week mate.

Its been far from the season of goodwill, dummies thrown out the pram and everything.

I shouldnt have to use smilies to suggest sarcasm. If someone is getting proper fuming on an online site then they need to have a word with themselves.

Even over Kirkby, yes you.

Im flagging this you bad, bad, melt.

_40698921_linesman_offside203.jpg

The shits gone down this week mate.

Its been far from the season of goodwill, dummies thrown out the pram and everything.

I shouldnt have to use smilies to suggest sarcasm. If someone is getting proper fuming on an online site then they need to have a word with themselves.

Even over Kirkby, yes you.

I'm [Poor language removed] furious here.

Just [Poor language removed]!

They reckon Kirkby is gonna cost the club £120m now according to this article

A BARRISTER for Liverpool City Council yesterday branded the additional £52m that Everton FC needs to build its proposed new stadium in Kirkby as a “miracle of modern economics”.

Stephen Sauvain was cross- examining Knowsley Council’s chief executive, Sheena Ramsey, about exactly where this additional finance was coming from at the public inquiry into the scheme.

It involves the completion of a huge Tesco superstore, other retail units and a hotel, as well as a 50,000-capacity Everton stadium in a deal worth £400m.

Mr Sauvain repeatedly attempted to tie down the link between the profits from the proposed sale of the land in Kirkby and the £52m extra the club needs to build an all-new ground, in addition to its own contribution of £78m.

Ms Ramsey said: “Tesco will fund the £52m through the increase in the value of the land brought about through the development.”

But Mr Sauvain argued this was far from clear.

He said: “Tesco’s expert doesn’t think the money is coming from Tesco and Ms Ramsey doesn’t think it’s coming from Knowsley, so it’s a miracle of modern economics because nobody is prepared to tell you what the situation really is.”

Ms Ramsey also faced a series of questions about how much the council was letting the land south of the town centre go for.

The Archdiocese, Ms Ramsey confirmed, was getting a land swap and a cash hand-out as part of the deal to build on primary school land.

But the exact nature of how much the council will earn has been deemed “commercially sensitive” and the figures are not available to the inquiry.

The £130M (*cough* SUMS *cough* :P) has been public for about a year now, since the DTZ report was published. I think the reason that people are being cagey as to which pot the £52M backhander falls out of could be for one of 2 reasons:

1) It was supposed to be a capitalised return on future rental for the retail. As uptake in the current climate is likely to fall short, and there's a distinct possibility that the development may be 'downsized', they're having to switch pots and pull at least part of the cross subsidy from the delta in land costs (rise in land value).

2) They don't really want to publicly state that the money the council lost out on by effectively 'short selling' the land without planning consent will be going into the pockets of a private company that will not be universally welcome (EFC, not Tesco... people want and need the shops - all the expert witnesses say that Kirkby is a 3rd world mini-state) by the electorate at large.

A BARRISTER for Liverpool City Council yesterday branded the additional £52m that Everton FC needs to build its proposed new stadium in Kirkby as a “miracle of modern economics”.

Stephen Sauvain was cross- examining Knowsley Council’s chief executive, Sheena Ramsey, about exactly where this additional finance was coming from at the public inquiry into the scheme.

It involves the completion of a huge Tesco superstore, other retail units and a hotel, as well as a 50,000-capacity Everton stadium in a deal worth £400m.

Mr Sauvain repeatedly attempted to tie down the link between the profits from the proposed sale of the land in Kirkby and the £52m extra the club needs to build an all-new ground, in addition to its own contribution of £78m.

Ms Ramsey said: “Tesco will fund the £52m through the increase in the value of the land brought about through the development.”

But Mr Sauvain argued this was far from clear.

He said: “Tesco’s expert doesn’t think the money is coming from Tesco and Ms Ramsey doesn’t think it’s coming from Knowsley, so it’s a miracle of modern economics because nobody is prepared to tell you what the situation really is.”

Ms Ramsey also faced a series of questions about how much the council was letting the land south of the town centre go for.

The Archdiocese, Ms Ramsey confirmed, was getting a land swap and a cash hand-out as part of the deal to build on primary school land.

But the exact nature of how much the council will earn has been deemed “commercially sensitive” and the figures are not available to the inquiry.

They (Knowsley Council) are basically giving away land on the cheap (selling at use value) to a business that would have had to pay market value more than x3 if they had to buy it after planning permission was gained for the land. Deprived areas giving away tens of millions of £s to billion £ companies.

As for the 'commercially sensitive' rebuff's all the applicants are giving: that type of obstructiveness should be enough in and of itself for the Inspector to report back to Hazel Blears and recommend....

tesco1-refused.jpg

Thing is though lads, Knowsley Council are bound to sell the land at a good inviting price - why? In the long run they will reap the benefits.

Thing is though lads, Knowsley Council are bound to sell the lad at a good inviting price - why? In the long run they will reap the benefits.

its always going on true enough but its short-sihghted in the extreme when its such a controversial scheme.

Thing is though lads, Knowsley Council are bound to sell the land at a good inviting price - why? In the long run they will reap the benefits.

They hope to reap the benefits. That's a gamble with public resources that the secretary of state might want to weigh up.

The land and the area surrounding is worth a lot more with the development (ANY development!) built on it.

The current 'hot button' in this country is 'jobs' and a multimillion pound development, siting multimillion pound businesses means the creation of a lot of jobs, and not just ones directly on site.

But lets fight it all because KEIOC say so, they have their nice unobstructed views and are in with the licencees in the area of Goodison, lets help keep the selfish furnished in the luxury they have a birthright too.

Last edited:
They hope to reap the benefits. That's a gamble with public resources that the secretary of state might want to weigh up.

Jobs and 55,000 visitors every other week.

Theres no hope about it. Definitely will bring more income than a few makeshift 2/3 bedroom private housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back