Stature

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't, I said this:

I want Everton to win everything they play in. I just don't think we should be focussing on winning the League Cup.

Right here:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/60719-Stature?p=2251409#post2251409

But you also said this:

I don't care. If we go out, oh well. If we go through, oh well. If we win it, well done, excellent, but it should never be a focus for the club. Key word bolded.

The manager clearly agrees, as do the majority of Premier League managers.

Here:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/60719-Stature/page2

So what I said was true. Are you feeling ok?

Saying 'I want Everton to win everything they play in' and then saying 'I don't care if we get knocked out' is a bit contradictory.

So you want everton to win it and yet at the same time you don't care if we do or not?

So you desire it yet you're not bothered whether or not it happens?

Why didn't you say so earlier? That clears it all up.

No, I'm saying I want Everton to win the League Cup - don't we all - but I don't think we should be aiming for it. If we play a rotated squad and get to the final, absolutely superb, delighted as the next Blue, but I don't think we should be playing a first team all the way to the final to achieve it, because no other club of our stature does so.

No, I'm saying I want Everton to win the League Cup - don't we all - but I don't think we should be aiming for it. If we play a rotated squad and get to the final, absolutely superb, delighted as the next Blue, but I don't think we should be playing a first team all the way to the final to achieve it, because no other club of our stature does so.

You said 'I don't care if we get knocked out' at least half a dozen times.

I think you need to go to bed.

But you've just said you don't care.

I would be confused, but I think you're the confused one.

But you also said this:

Here:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/60719-Stature/page2

So what I said was true. Are you feeling ok?

It makes perfect sense to me :S I don't care if we go out because it's not a cup we're focussing on. I understand the managers attitude towards it and why he rotated. However, if we won it, great. I'd be insane if I said I didn't "want" us to win the cup; the thing is, I don't "need" us to win the League Cup as it's not a focus.

I can't judge Martinez's success or failure in this competition because it's a rotation exercise and largely a roll of the dice as to what top flight side manages to reserve team their way past the early rounds.

It makes perfect sense to me :S I don't care if we go out because it's not a cup we're focussing on. I understand the managers attitude towards it and why he rotated. However, if we won it, great. I'd be insane if I said I didn't "want" us to win the cup; the thing is, I don't "need" us to win the League Cup as it's not a focus.

I can't judge Martinez's success or failure in this competition because it's a rotation exercise and largely a roll of the dice as to what top flight side manages to reserve team their way past the early rounds.

The flying spaghetti monster makes perfect sense to some people as well Tubey.

You said 'I don't care if we get knocked out' at least half a dozen times.

I think you need to go to bed.

But you've just said you don't care.

I would be confused, but I think you're the confused one.

lol

Do I need to draw a diagram or something FFS?!

1 - It's a cup we're not focussing on, so I don't care if we go out of it.

2 - If we won it whilst rotating our squad to do so, great, but I don't think we should focus on it with a first choice side to do so.

3 - I don't think a League Cup win would make any difference whatsoever to our stature as a football club.

I can't put it any clearer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.