Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply can not understand where you are going with all the board meeting comments. Why do you keep banging that drum? Is there any indication that these matters are not attended to or what's your point? We might as well speculate on what Mr. Moshiri is having for dinner or the colour of his daughters panties.

I'm assuming Walsh is working mainly on other targets than he did for Leicester, as our needs are different. I don't think we will see him flourish before the January window at earliest.

He needs to flourish now after the John Stones sale that was a strategic level decision

He needs to flourish now after the John Stones sale that was a strategic level decision

That would be nice - and there might be targets on his Leicester list that we can utilise, but in general it's a much longer process to set up and get going. That's why I don't think we'll see the true benefits before next year or perhaps January at earliest. With RM and his staff out they will be starting off with a blank canvas and need to plot a strategy for the coming years reflecting our financial capabilities and Koemans visions for the team.

That would be nice - and there might be targets on his Leicester list that we can utilise, but in general it's a much longer process to set up and get going. That's why I don't think we'll see the true benefits before next year or perhaps January at earliest. With RM and his staff out they will be starting off with a blank canvas and need to plot a strategy for the coming years reflecting our financial capabilities and Koemans visions for the team.

I've been a persistent advocate of the three year project

Esk said no. Major year one.

With the John Stones sale the whole process has to accelerate somewhat.

I've been a persistent advocate of the three year project

Esk said no. Major year one.

With the John Stones sale the whole process has to accelerate somewhat.

I'm not sure what this is referring to, but I can't keep up with all the different topics these days so excuse me for asking you what this means?

On another note, try imagining John Stones played for Sunderland - would he be the player Koeman would have top of his list? I don't think so. Selling him to harvest the benefits of a higher wage-cap and financial wind-fall makes a lot of sense. It's critically important though how these new opportunities are taken - and I don't see Williams as more than a stop-gap or squad player (would like to be proven wrong of course). Getting Koné or another big signing in to build around defensively is just as important as getting a decent back-up for Lukaku, in my opinion.

What is Steve Walsh's role apart from transfers? This is not a negative post, I'm really asking what is his job description like? It would be cool, for example, if he's looking into the professional development of players, esp. the young ones, but even people like Baines & Coleman, and how players need to improve. is he also managing all the scouts and the coaches, and the transition from junior, youth and u21 teams?

What is Steve Walsh's role apart from transfers? This is not a negative post, I'm really asking what is his job description like? It would be cool, for example, if he's looking into the professional development of players, esp. the young ones, but even people like Baines & Coleman, and how players need to improve. is he also managing all the scouts and the coaches, and the transition from junior, youth and u21 teams?

Not sure anybody really knows, the DoF role is different at most clubs, you would assume he directs football tho, the scouts, the physios, the coaching staff, maybe not so much Ronny, but going forward im sure he will be looking at players we can bring in, staff that would help the players and so on, basically everything to do with the playing side.

A Director of Football has a somewhat ambiguous remit. His role is primarily a middle-man, a link between the manager and the board. He is there to implement a long-term strategy regardless of who the manager is I think. It would be interesting to see exactly what his daily routine is like.

Do you think Steve Walsh has to put our current players through the same scouting criteria to score them against potential targets?

A Director of Football has a somewhat ambiguous remit. His role is primarily a middle-man, a link between the manager and the board. He is there to implement a long-term strategy regardless of who the manager is I think. It would be interesting to see exactly what his daily routine is like.
Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, what does he do when he goes into the office every day. You can't scout and do transfers all year round, surely. Hopefully it's an overall strategy like you say, but then he has to also work with the manager, not just tell him what to do, I suppose.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, what does he do when he goes into the office every day. You can't scout and do transfers all year round, surely. Hopefully it's an overall strategy like you say, but then he has to also work with the manager, not just tell him what to do, I suppose.

You would think outside of windows he would maybe go and do some external scouting, rather than just sitting at his desk playing FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back