Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, what does he do when he goes into the office every day. You can't scout and do transfers all year round, surely. Hopefully it's an overall strategy like you say, but then he has to also work with the manager, not just tell him what to do, I suppose.
Solitaire

What is Steve Walsh's role apart from transfers? This is not a negative post, I'm really asking what is his job description like? It would be cool, for example, if he's looking into the professional development of players, esp. the young ones, but even people like Baines & Coleman, and how players need to improve. is he also managing all the scouts and the coaches, and the transition from junior, youth and u21 teams?

Think I read that he oversees a team of scouts, and I'd imagine he gets them to compile information on players according to a set of criteria, perhaps more specifically so when he knows what type of player we need. Aside from that I don't know, though I'm sure there's more. Important stuff like prank calling Jurgen Klopp and sorting out brass and beak for the first team squad like a high class concierge I reckon.

...I'm a bit surprised that this thread still sits 7 pages back. To be fair it must have been frantic coming in the midst of a transfer window with no preparation time and clear strategy. He appears to have found a diamond in Gueye and will surely have time now to set things up for January.

One thing that doesn't appear to be any better is managing to get players over the line. I'm not sure if his role is central in that but targets have not bought into the 'Everton Project' and it's important we learn lessons from this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back