Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say I'm delighted with his signing. No doubt his contacts and experience will do us proud in the near future.... best of luck to him!!!

There's no way we'll announce any new signings tomorrow. Walsh won't even get his login details until Monday at the earliest along with his building pass, then he's got his induction and countless mandatory online training modules to complete before he can get started. 2 weeks minimum.
Hope he's got his cscs card done

Sorry I dont think I was clear- the job he was doing, has been doing and will now carry on doing involves scouting players. Players that we have been linked with he could very well have scouted himself already and have a dossier on them.

My understanding of a DoF or Cheif scout is to have access to lots of players that fit different criteria.

Koeman- Im looking for a defensive midfielder, big and strong in stature, mid 20's and can pick a pass.

Walsh- *Opens his black book and selects a a couple that fit the bill that he already knows about. One of which may be one that we have alreadfy been in talks about.

After all we are signing his experience and network.

Agreed I'm sure his network will have scouted all different tiers of players some that may have been way out of Leicester's reach especially last season.
I'm sure he'll have potential targets for all budgets.

Today's appointment of a DoF further reduces the role and influence of our current CEO and Chairman - both of whom were previously integral parts of our recruitment process.
everton-fans-314656111.webp

Looks like a great signing given his record at Leicester. Not wholly convinced by the role of DoF, but if Koeman is comfortable with it then it's all good. Maybe this is why we've been so inactive in the transfer window thus far. Full steam ahead now!

Probably Kramaric. 9m, flogged a year later.
I'm thinking we will do similar then. Why spend stupid money if he can bring value. I doubt Walsh will change his ideology, after all that's why we went him in the first place. His methods clearly work.

Witzsel at 25-30 million... he won't be doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back