Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how he is going to help progress the youth system but also the players he identifies for the first team...

"Here you go, Director of Football. We've already allocated 80% of budget on Mata, Witsel and Carvalho but crack on"

But then, I've no idea who has the first/final say on transfers. Koeman or Walsh...

Be funny if Walsh and Koeman meet tomorrow and the following is said:

K "right I think we are a little weak in midfield so I've identified witsel carvalho and mata as possible targets"

W "sounds good to me. I'll set up the meetings with the clubs and agents"

K "do you have any other suggestions? Hidden gems I might not know about?"

W "nah, shouldn't really tell you this but all I really did at Leicester was fill out the paperwork because Pearson was an idiot and Claudio's written English isn't all that good"

K "aren't you meant to be a scouting mastermind? I read all this stuff about how great you are over the last few months"

W "I know right! I'm really good at paperwork though, and setting up meetings. The key is using MS outlook. That way everyone knows when and where the meeting is. Also you must remember to serve coffee. Europeans love coffee! Being from the northwest I'm a tea man myself and I think..."

K "but we've been waiting for your scouting insight for weeks. No suggestions at all!?"

W "that Messi is supposed to be well good. Could be worth a go I reckon."

K "oh FFS! Bill are you hearing this?"

BK "urgh, what? Sorry, fell asleep for a minute there. What's going on?"

Really? Do you not think if hes scouting for players of a certain type he would potentially be looking at players we may have courted? Genuine question

Personally doubt it mate.

Walsh agreed a new contract at Leicester the other month.

He wasn't our first choice, we will have only recently been in talks and obviously I don't know his character but looking at how highly he's regarded, particularly his integrity - I don't think he'd be working with Everton on the sly.

Really? Do you not think if hes scouting for players of a certain type he would potentially be looking at players we may have courted? Genuine question

I really do find it implausible. I'd put myself in his shoes - I'd be thinking I've been brought in to redirect traffic here, so my first instinct would be to carefully assess any immediately plans instead of blindly green lighting them, knowing they would represent my first action at the club.

If I signed someone who was already lined up and he turns out to be proper Niasse, and I hadn't done due diligence on it, I'd be annoyed at myself, so I wouldn't risk it.

There's a chance players we are currently interested in do cross over with his own thoughts, but I don't think we've bid for those players, that we'll only bid for those players now Walsh is in place, and that there's zero chance of a signing of any significance tonight.

I don't think we've lodged a firm bid for absolutely anybody beyond Stekelenburg.

I think Everton have brought in Koeman, had a DoF plan in place, and Koeman has said, "fine, bring one in, I'll assess the squad and talk to the new guy when he's here, and we'll go from there."

I can't prove that obviously, but the total lack of activity - not even failed bids at this point - is telling to me.

At best, Koeman has identified targets that could be a goer once the DoF comes in, and Moshiri has sent the feelers out based on that. Best case scenario, I don't think we'll see a signing for at least three days, probably longer.

I think that would be highly impossible, as players agents as well as teams reps have said we have made bids on their players. Thats a far cry from a twitter source. You may recall Witsel's dad saying we had put in a bid on him a long while back, for example.

Leicester forum;

*panics*
As the foxes fan said on here the other day mate, it wasn't the player he bought but the role in the team. So as much as signing a crap player to us, would be perfect fit inside the champions team. For example Deeney, would have done a much better job there than if he went to anywhere else in the window.

so I got the impression this guy will not sign the big names but sign the players most likely to fit into the team and do their jobs, which is hugely promising in my eyes, especially when you look over 3/4/5 years where we could end up if it all works,

I really do find it implausible. I'd put myself in his shoes - I'd be thinking I've been brought in to redirect traffic here, so my first instinct would be to carefully assess any immediately plans instead of blindly green lighting them, knowing they would represent my first action at the club.

If I signed someone who was already lined up and he turns out to be proper Niasse, and I hadn't done due diligence on it, I'd be annoyed at myself, so I wouldn't risk it.

There's a chance players we are currently interested in do cross over with his own thoughts, but I don't think we've bid for those players, that we'll only bid for those players now Walsh is in place, and that there's zero chance of a signing of any significance tonight.

do we have permission to throw things at you if we do?

I think that would be highly impossible, as players agents as well as teams reps have said we have made bids on their players. Thats a far cry from a twitter source. You may recall Witsel's dad saying we had put in a bid on him a long while back, for example.

Sorry, should rephrase - I don't think we've done anything beyond initial bids to gauge interest, which is what I mean by Moshiri sending out "feelers" based on Koeman's preferences ahead of bringing in a DoF. I definitely don't think a bid has been accepted and we've talked to any player.

We will see things pick up quickly now, but not tonight.

Personally doubt it mate.

Walsh agreed a new contract at Leicester the other month.

He wasn't our first choice, we will have only recently been in talks and obviously I don't know his character but looking at how highly he's regarded, particularly his integrity - I don't think he'd be working with Everton on the sly.

Sorry I dont think I was clear- the job he was doing, has been doing and will now carry on doing involves scouting players. Players that we have been linked with he could very well have scouted himself already and have a dossier on them.

My understanding of a DoF or Cheif scout is to have access to lots of players that fit different criteria.

Koeman- Im looking for a defensive midfielder, big and strong in stature, mid 20's and can pick a pass.

Walsh- *Opens his black book and selects a a couple that fit the bill that he already knows about. One of which may be one that we have alreadfy been in talks about.

After all we are signing his experience and network.

There's no way we'll announce any new signings tomorrow. Walsh won't even get his login details until Monday at the earliest along with his building pass, then he's got his induction and countless mandatory online training modules to complete before he can get started. 2 weeks minimum.

Sorry I dont think I was clear- the job he was doing, has been doing and will now carry on doing involves scouting players. Players that we have been linked with he could very well have scouted himself already and have a dossier on them.

My understanding of a DoF or Cheif scout is to have access to lots of players that fit different criteria.

Koeman- Im looking for a defensive midfielder, big and strong in stature, mid 20's and can pick a pass.

Walsh- *Opens his black book and selects a a couple that fit the bill that he already knows about. One of which may be one that we have alreadfy been in talks about.

Yes of course, but I'd would be an odd coincidence for Witsel, Mata, Carvalho to feature highly in that book wouldn't it.

Which is what I said.

I just can't see him rushing into green lighting a club record - and his first in the job - signing a few hours into the job. Indeed, I'd think it were more likely he'd veto/delay it just so he can get the lay of the land at the club before doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back