Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't express how much of a great signing this is, I know nobody had heard of him since we were linked but since then I've seen loads of people that I don't know, saying its a great aquisition.

I for one cannot contain my excitement.

0a077a3d903901d10f1e150a34accbdddeecc18537c4ee7122bf683df446287d.jpg

Nobody on here will know what his job is/will be.

I do tend to agree with this though;

Koeman has said he wanted to assess his team, Austria was exactly that.

He wanted to take stock, a few players aren't even back at training yet.

Any signing that comes in I'd expect Walsh to have a role in...

Defo. It is no shock to me that we've not done anything before the DOF was sorted.

So the first thing we would tell a DoF is "hey, sorry, you're not directing this football signing"?

Why would we say that? In the course of discussing the DoF position with Walsh we would have gone through all our targets and where we are in the process, just like any business does when recruiting a senior executive.

If it happens that we are close to closing a deal on the day he arrives it makes no difference to him, his role and future signings it's just the situation he is inheriting.

I think his appointment will aid us not only in identifying targets but finalising deals. I'd have more confidence in Walsh finalising deals for players as opposed to suntan bob or kenwright. I guess we will find out in the near future.....

So you think we havent been trying to sign anyone at all since the window opened?

Dont get me wrong, i dont think anyone is going to sign today, but i highly doubt we have been waiting to recruit a DOF before we start trying to sign players

I don't think we've lodged a firm bid for absolutely anybody beyond Stekelenburg.

I think Everton have brought in Koeman, had a DoF plan in place, and Koeman has said, "fine, bring one in, I'll assess the squad and talk to the new guy when he's here, and we'll go from there."

I can't prove that obviously, but the total lack of activity - not even failed bids at this point - is telling to me.

At best, Koeman has identified targets that could be a goer once the DoF comes in, and Moshiri has sent the feelers out based on that. Best case scenario, I don't think we'll see a signing for at least three days, probably longer.

Being serious, i like what i hear about this guy and wish him well.

If he can do half of what he has done previously here then i can see it being a very successful partnership, and a squad being built for purpose sounds very exciting indeed after our previous managers.

I just hope he hasn't given Leicester all his little top bargain buys before he left

The fact that Walsh took a 'smaller club' to the title tells me he's an excellent acquisition. A definite statement of intent to extract pretty much anyone from the league champions, irrespective of who they may be.

no doubt. regardless of his achievements, it's just the way our silly media work, they would see this as more of a coup if we snatched him from say seville, just because they're from abroad. Doesn't matter about how good the guy may be, they'd base as it who they are from.

I don't think we've lodged a firm bid for absolutely anybody beyond Stekelenburg.

I think Everton have brought in Koeman, had a DoF plan in place, and Koeman has said, "fine, bring one in, I'll assess the squad and talk to the new guy when he's here, and we'll go from there."

I can't prove that obviously, but the total lack of activity - not even failed bids at this point - is telling to me.

At best, Koeman has identified targets that could be a goer once the DoF comes in, and Moshiri has sent the feelers out based on that. Best case scenario, I don't think we'll see a signing for at least three days, probably longer.

That may be the case like but we usually keep our cards close to our chest where transfers are concerned.

I dont expect a signing until next week meself to be honest. But if there was one ready to be done today I doubt we would postpone it just because we've only just appointed a DOF and its not his man

Like anyone in a new job, there will be some items that cross Walsh's desk/path that are close to completion (hopefully signings) and other projects that he will initiate himself and take the lead on.

I'm sure he will have been briefed on the list of potential incomings that, presumably, have all already been cleared by Koeman.

Human nature dictates Walsh will just likely nod in approval at the work already done in this area, it would take a very strong character to say "No, don't fancy him at all, not having him here" if asked his opinion. If he is that type of guy, then great for us.

You just have to get the right balance and everyone understanding each others roles. I think there should be a healthy respect, but also a little tension, between Chairman / DoF / Manager. Good professionals should challenge each others ideas and avoid groupthink.

I see his role as paying dividends into the medium and long-term, unless it is deemed that some players he wanted at Leicester are available and suitable for Everton this window.

"Here you go, Director of Football. We've already allocated 80% of budget on Mata, Witsel and Carvalho but crack on"

But then, I've no idea who has the first/final say on transfers. Koeman or Walsh...
Walsh hopefully judging by who we've been linked with so far, bar Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back