Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we say that? In the course of discussing the DoF position with Walsh we would have gone through all our targets and where we are in the process, just like any business does when recruiting a senior executive.

If it happens that we are close to closing a deal on the day he arrives it makes no difference to him, his role and future signings it's just the situation he is inheriting.

Koeman has probably identified targets, as he should have done as part of getting on with his job without a DoF - your sources may even be reporting back on early discussions with those targets - but I don't think anything will be wrapped up now without Walsh's say-so, and I don't see that vetting taking place within a few hours of him taking to his desk.

As for whether it makes a difference to him - of course it does. He's been brought in to co-ordinate transfers; if one is done without his input that takes a load of the potential transfer budget away from him, then that directly affects his job.

Also find it very implausible that Walsh has effectively been working for is for weeks without being signed, which is what it'd take for those early targets to be properly vetted by him and signed today.

Also find it very implausible that Walsh has effectively been working for is for weeks without being signed, which is what it'd take for those early targets to be properly vetted by him and signed today.

I haven't suggested that. I said he would have been aware of pending business and the status of such.

Great stuff, have to admit I didn't know who he was at all, but all things considered he sounds like the guy to do the job for us.

Now sign some players Everton!

Really? Do you not think if hes scouting for players of a certain type he would potentially be looking at players we may have courted? Genuine question

Spot on.

Sorry, like Esk, but the way he's doing things now is exactly the same nonsense as everyone else on Twitter.

Say when you know something, shut up when you don't. Don't just guess or put out vague stuff; it's useless.

Also, common sense tells you we're extremely unlikely to sign someone today - we've only just brought in the DoF, what's he meant to do, wrap up a signing in two or three hours after getting to his desk?

if he's any good at his job he will be! Otherwise he's a fraud and crap at his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back