Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, the people we have been chasing we've done all of the work without a DoF, so his arrival today would have no bearing on whether someone signs before today or indeed today.

So the first thing we would tell a DoF is "hey, sorry, you're not directing this football signing"?

Sorry mate, don't buy it. As always, would love to be wrong and see Mata or someone holding up a scarf at 7pm, but nah.

May 10th:

Welcome Mr Walsh :cool:
images

Would the 'wrapping up of signings' fall to the DoF, particularly one whose forte is the scouting? I think not. Everton have been actively trying to sign players for weeks now, long before a DoF was recruited. Walsh' focus is going to be on future recruitment, not what is happening in the current window.

He's a Director of Football, not a scout. So yes, his role is to, surprisingly, direct our football in regards to acquisitions.

At best, if we do have something wrapped up, he'd be told about it and given permission to veto or something. But I'd be gobsmacked if we just signed a £30m player or whatever without his input now.

Nobody on here will know what his job is/will be.

I do tend to agree with this though;

So the first thing we would tell a DoF is "hey, sorry, you're not directing this football signing"?

Sorry mate, don't buy it. As always, would love to be wrong and see Mata or someone holding up a scarf at 7pm, but nah.

Koeman has said he wanted to assess his team, Austria was exactly that.

He wanted to take stock, a few players aren't even back at training yet.

Any signing that comes in I'd expect Walsh to have a role in...

Can't express how much of a great signing this is, I know nobody had heard of him since we were linked but since then I've seen loads of people that I don't know, saying its a great aquisition.

I for one cannot contain my excitement.

Can't believe how excited I am over us signing someone, even a non-playing person

I'm like a 7 year old whose had a pint of Tesco Brand Cola at a kids party (Other brands are available) and has lost his mind with excitement, kicking the poor clown to death in a sugar induced bout of euphoria

So it was YOU who killed my grandfather!

So you think we havent been trying to sign anyone at all since the window opened?

Dont get me wrong, i dont think anyone is going to sign today, but i highly doubt we have been waiting to recruit a DOF before we start trying to sign players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back