Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Steven naismith buying unemployed fans tickets- doesn&#39;t exactly give them an incentive to find a job! Idiot</p>&mdash; Graeme Lamb (@jrglamber) <a href="">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So Naismith has bought tickets for the unemployed, why not for the employed people that actually work but still cant afford to go?</p>&mdash; Walsall FC Central (@WalsallFCC) <a href="">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Most Tweets have the right idea though, cracking gesture from Naisy

Its about getting the unemployed to go see Naismith play.

How the man who got called "TURBO GASH" and was derided by many

Turns into a superstar.

Showing they can be too.

If thats not incentive to go out and get a job I don't know what is.

@MoutsGoat

I think we keep certain players around for their off the pitch performances. If he does things like this for strangers, think of what he does for the younger players, or the guys who are struggling with their performances. It's good to have one or two of these guys around the club.

So strange how people turn on others so fast. You lose your job and all of the sudden you've been labeled a lazy dolt just waiting for a handout. For chriss sake. And an Everton ticket is somehow going to replace the incentive for finding a job...great reasoning there thumb-dcik.

that Graeme Lamb fella is a tit who does not know the facts ! these tickets are going through the jobseekers thing in the dole so obviously they will be getting handed out to people who are actually looking for work not the terminally unemployed dossers

as for Steven Naismith the fella does a lot of charity work because he wants to just like big Dunc used to and probably still does
Everton FC & the players are class unlike some clubs

Top man. An outside bet for our player of the season, I reckon. Might even outscore Rom (who'll be heavily-marked) if his ice-coolness is working.

that Graeme Lamb fella is a tit who does not know the facts ! these tickets are going through the jobseekers thing in the dole so obviously they will be getting handed out to people who are actually looking for work not the terminally unemployed dossers

as for Steven Naismith the fella does a lot of charity work because he wants to just like big Dunc used to and probably still does
Everton FC & the players are class unlike some clubs

Nais also said that some tickets could go to people who had actually shown some determination and tried to get work for a long time, and then actually got a job.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite footballers, not because of his limited talent, but because of his attitude, work rate, commitment and charity. Good bugger.

Mad that a small gesture such as this (it's superb by Naismith by the way don't get me wrong!) can get such column inches - it seems so easy to get yourself a good name as a professional footballer. If I was earning that money I'd be doing stuff like this all the time and everybody would love me for me.

I think we keep certain players around for their off the pitch performances. If he does things like this for strangers, think of what he does for the younger players, or the guys who are struggling with their performances. It's good to have one or two of these guys around the club.

He must have a fee words to those struggling, he's got vast experience. Maybe he should be kept here as a depression psychologist after his player career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back