Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he'll get offered new contract soon. He signed a four year deal in 2012 so have only two years ahead of him. Hope he'll stay here - a great player and great fella :)

I always have fate in him. Reckon he'll get a double figures in upcoming season.

Rawk perspective

brilliant gesture,but why do they have to advertise that he's done it?

why not just do it anonymous ?

smacks of a publicity stunt to me.

Not sure it's ironic either.

A nice gesture by Naismith.

It would be a GOOD gesture if those tickets went to people with low paid jobs who support their families, but can't afford to get to the match.

A nice gesture by Naismith.

It would be a GOOD gesture if those tickets went to people with low paid jobs who support their families, but can't afford to get to the match.

Presumably the tickets are distributed at the discretion of the job centre staff. Are jobseekers any more undeserving of tickets than people with jobs?It's a fantastic and sincere act of generosity and I'm dead proud of Naismith.

Presumably the tickets are distributed at the discretion of the job centre staff. Are jobseekers any more undeserving of tickets than people with jobs?It's a fantastic and sincere act of generosity and I'm dead proud of Naismith.
Agreed. I believe the main caveat is that the tickets go to people actively searching for a job. The stigma attached to the jobless is harsh and often unfair.

A great gesture, done with best intentions. Undoubtedly there will be kopites saying it's a stunt unfortunately, but full marks to the lad.

Aye. Rawk are a bunch of attention seeking whoppers who know sweet FA about football or anything else.

Particularly Everton

2vvnkt0.png

People who do flippin' awful bottom-rung jobs to support their loved ones are more deserving than people without jobs. That's my opinion, for what it's worth. I have had good jobs, I've been unemployed on occasion too, but believe me, doing a damn awful job because you have to can be more soul destroying than unemployment itself.

I ended up going self-employed I was so demoralised. It's a daily struggle, but I'm a lot happier. :)

The 'discretion of the job centre staff' is an interesting concept though. They can't be seen to reward the long-term unemployed. Perhaps they can use them as incentives to get people to take various initiatives.

It is certainly a sincere act by Naisy, although hardly 'fantasic'. :)

I do applaud him for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back