Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever he did, there would be some people who it didn't suit or sit right with. But he's a fortunate man who's used his privileged position to help those who aren't having the best of times. It's a sincere gesture and charity is something he clearly believes in very strongly.
It's nice to see and I hope he gets as much recognition as is possible.

Rawk perspective

brilliant gesture,but why do they have to advertise that he's done it?

why not just do it anonymous ?

smacks of a publicity stunt to me.

Not sure it's ironic either.

It's a good job they're in such a lofty moral position to pass judgement. How dare that man doing a good deed tell anyone about it? What an attention seeking tit, at least when Coutinho goes out at the weekend and spend £30k on prossies and beak he keeps it to himself.

He was on Radio 2 this evening talking about it and came across very well. What I hadn't realised is that it's four season tickets he's bought.

I said it before but I'll say it again. Well in Naisy.

edit :

He bought 4 season tickets, I believe. Class.

Ah sorry, I should have scrolled up. Old news.

Aye. Rawk are a bunch of attention seeking whoppers who know sweet FA about football or anything else.

Particularly Everton

they're just pissed he, and thus us, are getting credit for good deeds rather than media lingering on their (12 years after the fact) 9/11 visit or whatever else.

incidentally, it's bouncing around the socialmediaverse. FC Tucson just tweeted about it FFS.

FC Tucson ‏@FCTucson 35m
    1. The world needs more athletes like Everton's Steven Naismith, who bought season tickets to give to the unemployed. http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/8/4/5968569/everton-season-tickets-steven-naismith-unemployed…

Not sure if he sought attention or credit - I know some athletes here do it for PR, while others are aware that tying their name to a cause might bring the cause more attention (and thus support) than they would otherwise receive. Some do it behind the scenes, but someone else "outs" them for it... Heck, Naisy might have been trying to do it behind the scenes and it just leaked.

Motivations aside, he did good. Period.

They should have pulled the plug on that vile club when they had the chance. They aren't even football fans just a bunch of sectarian bigots

they're just pissed he, and thus us, are getting credit for good deeds rather than media lingering on their (12 years after the fact) 9/11 visit or whatever else.

incidentally, it's bouncing around the socialmediaverse. FC Tucson just tweeted about it FFS.

FC Tucson ‏@FCTucson 35m
    1. The world needs more athletes like Everton's Steven Naismith, who bought season tickets to give to the unemployed. http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/8/4/5968569/everton-season-tickets-steven-naismith-unemployed…

Not sure if he sought attention or credit - I know some athletes here do it for PR, while others are aware that tying their name to a cause might bring the cause more attention (and thus support) than they would otherwise receive. Some do it behind the scenes, but someone else "outs" them for it... Heck, Naisy might have been trying to do it behind the scenes and it just leaked.

Motivations aside, he did good. Period.

I am led to believe Naismith has been involved before in charity work. I post elsewhere about a number of people on RAWK knocking him for this gesture. They are trying to make excuses because none of multi millionaire players came up with anything like that. Glad to hear the story is spreading.

they are right to detest Naismith.

He stated that their club didn't exist anymore in order to get out of his contract. Others transferred over from oldco to newco (as you probably know). You just cant do that and expect to be treated with any sort of respect. He jumped ship.

Are you advocating comments like these? (the xxxx's are mine, by the way):

well we all know what a snivelling wee traitorous xxxx he really is. xxxx Naismith, I hope his glass knees get shattered for good next time.

this wee cretinous xxxxx

He really is a xxxxxx horrible wee xxxxxx xxxx of a man.

xxxxx snake xxxxxx.

Hope he gets a career ending injury.

Seriously if he gets carried off and they knees go for good I think I'll have a party

I opened it hoping you were telling us he'd been hit by a bus..

It will be a beautiful moment if his career ends prematurely.

With fans capable of projecting so much hate just because you want to further your career and not play in the Scottish 3rd division (who the hell would if you're a decent player?), I'd be jumping ship faster than you can say Mo Johnston.

I have no time for that club or its supporters whatsoever, but they are right to detest Naismith.

He stated that their club didn't exist anymore in order to get out of his contract. Others transferred over from oldco to newco (as you probably know). You just cant do that and expect to be treated with any sort of respect. He jumped ship.

Incorrect, his contract ended the day rangers were liquidated. The players who transferred over to the new company did so because they knew they wouldn't get a better contract elsewhere. All the top players left, Naismith had offers from about 8 PL clubs there was no way he was going to play in the Scottish 3rd division. Not to mention the 75% wage cut he took at Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back