Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That analogy cant stand. You cant compare a normal business with a cultural institution which gives identity to hundreds of thousands or even millions of people. You just cant walk then turn back and shout that 'you dont exist anymore'.

It was wrong to do it.

That's your opinion mate and it's perfectly valid. But for me, I understand why they are angry but the level of anger directed at him for leaving a football club is obscene

That's your opinion mate and it's perfectly valid. But for me, I understand why they are angry but the level of anger directed at him for leaving a football club is obscene

It is. But make no mistake it'd be the same here and most other other clubs.

He jumped ship and told the media at the time he did so because there was no Rangers anymore.

As I said earlier, I have no regard for that bell end club whatsoever nor their knuckle-dragging fans, but that was a despicable way to cover over your tracks. Imagine Everton were in that spot and you had players saying Everton existed no more just so they could get off for a big pay day?
I'm a rangers fan and have nothing against Naismith at all. Was delighted when he signed for Everton and it's been great that he's doing well for us. Don't blame him for leaving Rangers when he did. We were an absolute shambles.

I'm a rangers fan and have nothing against Naismith at all. Was delighted when he signed for Everton and it's been great that he's doing well for us. Don't blame him for leaving Rangers when he did. We were an absolute shambles.
I doubt you're typical.

He jumped ship and told the media at the time he did so because there was no Rangers anymore.

As I said earlier, I have no regard for that bell end club whatsoever nor their knuckle-dragging fans, but that was a despicable way to cover over your tracks. Imagine Everton were in that spot and you had players saying Everton existed no more just so they could get off for a big pay day?

Naismith is a Rangers fan though and was stating fact in the interview, bearing in mind Green was threatening court action he was hardly going to say they were the same club. When Naismith phoned each of the management team Durrant actually apologised to Naismith for the way he had been treated by the club in the final months of his time there, that tells you all you need to know.
For some reason you seem to have a downer on Naisy, now we all know he isn't Messi but surely we all want him to do well for the greater good, no?

Not good enough to lead the line RM needs to bring in a back up striker. He's okay behind the striker off the bench but people have done a jelavic on him and over rated him based on him scoring the odd important goal last season

Not good enough to lead the line RM needs to bring in a back up striker. He's okay behind the striker off the bench but people have done a jelavic on him and over rated him based on him scoring the odd important goal last season
Are you guilty of under rating him based on one pre season game though? We have Rom to come in, I don't think for one minute Roberto is going into the season thinking Naismith is going to slot 20 as a main striker. The lad has earned the right to have a bad game, he will prove people wrong again because he has been doing that throughout his career.

his first touch was fine it was more the fact he had run hard to get on to the long balls and the physical challeges of breaking away from defenders. but he have a bad game, but hes is great option for lone striker his link up and finishing is fin , i.e barkleys goal v mancity

I wasn't able to watch the match, but last season Naismith was brilliant. Hell, in the last match he was great. Never stopped running and working for the team. He's had one bad game. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

his not an out and out striker, plays better behind say lukaku, has been good for Everton this is his 3rd season with us, has score some big goals again the [Poor language removed], chelsea. and gives 100 per cent every game he plays can't asked more than that.

as for leaving Rangers he wasn't the only one to jump ship as they say. and he is young and way to good to spent his time at the bottom of the scottish leagues with Rangers, i think just that he was scottish and a Rangers man is why he got so much stick if he was English, polish
or from south africa there wouldn't have been a word about it, whats the bets he won't be back at Rangers in the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back