Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He jumped ship and told the media at the time he did so because there was no Rangers anymore.

As I said earlier, I have no regard for that bell end club whatsoever nor their knuckle-dragging fans, but that was a despicable way to cover over your tracks. Imagine Everton were in that spot and you had players saying Everton existed no more just so they could get off for a big pay day?

They literally ceased to exist.

I don't get what you're saying at all.

Incorrect, his contract ended the day rangers were liquidated. The players who transferred over to the new company did so because they knew they wouldn't get a better contract elsewhere. All the top players left, Naismith had offers from about 8 PL clubs there was no way he was going to play in the Scottish 3rd division. Not to mention the 75% wage cut he took at Rangers.

Agreed. Since when did Rangers supporters start blaming Naismith for their club being liquidated?

Was that his fault?

Imagine Suarez. He'd of been out on strike biting people and all sorts to get a transfer to Celtic or someone. At the first opportunity.

Those Rangers lot are delusional

They should have pulled the plug on that vile club when they had the chance. They aren't even football fans just a bunch of sectarian bigots

Agreed all day long. That club is a cesspit and no mistake.

Putting all that saga to the back of his mind can't have been easy for Naismith when he first got to us. Gives hope for his continued improvement.

Ps the Rangers fans weren't so high and mighty when they used to cherry pick players from us 20+ years ago!

Wow. There is a whole lot of hate for Naismith, over the wall!!

They really, really need to get over it. That sort of hatred is no good for anyone's health.

People are surprised that followers of the old firm are bile spewing, bitter, gobshites? And I do include Celtic in that. A pox on both their houses.

People are surprised that followers of the old firm are bile spewing, bitter, gobshites? And I do include Celtic in that. A pox on both their houses.

Having lived in NI I can say from personal experience that Rangers fans are far worse. Iv never seen a Celtic fan burning a picture of a small boy who died from cancer just because he supported the other old firm team

Having lived in NI I can say from personal experience that Rangers fans are far worse. Iv never seen a Celtic fan burning a picture of a small boy who died from cancer just because he supported the other old firm team
Celtic are IRA loving scum yet desperate to take the English shilling by playing in the prem. but still. Fcuk em both.

Naismith is a Rangers fan though and was stating fact in the interview, bearing in mind Green was threatening court action he was hardly going to say they were the same club. When Naismith phoned each of the management team Durrant actually apologised to Naismith for the way he had been treated by the club in the final months of his time there, that tells you all you need to know.
For some reason you seem to have a downer on Naisy, now we all know he isn't Messi but surely we all want him to do well for the greater good, no?
How come the other players who left for PL contracts dont get the stick Naismith gets? Is it because they didn't feel the need to state that the football club was extinct in order to free themselves of their contracts?

Celtic are IRA loving scum yet desperate to take the English shilling by playing in the prem. but still. Fcuk em both.

I'm not getting into a politics debate on a football forum mate but being English, impartial and having lived amongst both sets of fans. Rangers are far worse

Wow just read the Naismith thread on that Rangers forum. Disgusting.

From what I gather they're angry because he left after he said he'd stay, that's it. What player worth their salt would stay (and play for scum) after being relegated to the bottom league?

Anyway their brain dead hatred for him confirms that leaving was the correct thing to do. For me, reading that has helped me to support and appreciate Naismith even more. What an absolute bunch of whoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back