Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned into a cracking little squad player. Don't kid yourselves we'd make top 4 with him a starter week in week out BUT still, used right he's very valuable in the squad.

i always said he'd come good and always backed him because he's just one of those players you need who has that knack of always getting in good goalscoring positions and always getting important goals.

you get players like him who aren't great players but always seem to score those big goals.

for example, kuyt when he was over there, always did the same, very similar to naismith.

He had a chance to win it at the end and didn't get a clean shot off. Decent covering tackle by Moore (who shouldn't have been on the pitch), but a real top class finisher would have squeezed a shot off.

He was our best player today

He had a chance to win it at the end and didn't get a clean shot off. Decent covering tackle by Moore (who shouldn't have been on the pitch), but a real top class finisher would have squeezed a shot off.

Fair point. He's not world class, but he's still pretty good and I know of no better albino footballer, so I'm going to join in the Naismith love-in at all possible opportunities.

Runs his socks off each and every game.

If we are going to rely on him in the #10 role whilst Barkley's out, Martinez is going to have to rotate or sub him as he'll run himself into the ground otherwise with all the games we have.

Haha. Never change, Dave!
I've been getting stick all day over the Naismith stuff.

TBF, you'd think I was saying we should punt him or something. I'm not. But I think he's limited and he's defo not a starter. So does the manager, btw. He's in when we have less than the full complement and for the most part remains on the bench to do what he does best: cause problems to tiring teams.

Apparently though he's the new sacred cow on here and you cant point out that he's a journeyman.

TBF, you'd think I was saying we should punt him or something. I'm not. But I think he's limited and he's defo not a starter. So does the manager, btw. He's in when we have less than the full complement and for the most part remains on the bench to do what he does best: cause problems to tiring teams.

Apparently though he's the new sacred cow on here and you cant point out that he's a journeyman.

He should not be a first XI player week in, week out.

But he was probably MOTM so now's probably not the time to talk about that.

If we want to be a force this year though, especially with Ross's injury, we really need a proper playmaker. Doubt we'll get one though.

He should not be a first XI player week in, week out.

But he was probably MOTM so now's probably not the time to talk about that.

If we want to be a force this year though, especially with Ross's injury, we really need a proper playmaker. Doubt we'll get one though.
We have to move for someone in Barkley's position if he's out until Christmas. If we dont (and if we dont move for a forward who can do both roles competently) I'll know all there is to know about our finances and the ambitions of this club.

There's cash there apparently. Let's get it spent.

You're being overly harsh mate. I think he proved towards the end of last season that he can have a decent impact on a game. I'd argue that he produces more of an end product than Barkley at times. He's turning out to be a decent slotter.

Thought he was fairly decent today, they doubled up on Lukaku leaving a lot of space for him to exploit. He's obviously not the most skilled player in the world, but he's done a decent job and his record since January isn't much to turn your nose up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back