Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it you missed him twice passing straight to the opposition from all of 5 yards or the previous 18 games where he didn't score and has been generally garbage? That was my point, however like everyone else I hope he can produce moments of genius like his goal every week.
actually he was generally very good last season when he played

The guy is a quality player in and around the box. V clever, astute finisher and decent link up.

The criticism is pathetic.

I've really started to appreciate naisy in the last 12 months or so, if he just had that yard of pace more he really would be an exceptional player.

Only thing I can criticise him on is sometimes when there's a bit of quick passing going on with baines, pienaar etc he doesn't seem to have the confidence to lift his head and play a forward pass to someone that's made a run into space, he just first time passes it straight back to whoever passed him the ball.

I've really started to appreciate naisy in the last 12 months or so, if he just had that yard of pace more he really would be an exceptional player.

Only thing I can criticise him on is sometimes when there's a bit of quick passing going on with baines, pienaar etc he doesn't seem to have the confidence to lift his head and play a forward pass to someone that's made a run into space, he just first time passes it straight back to whoever passed him the ball.
Agreed. We need a player with ingenuity in that part of the pitch. Hopefully Billy Liar is releasing funds so the manager can sort it out.

Romelu can learn an awful lot from this lad - an awful lot. His work rate, movement, intelligence is excellent. He's not the most blessed of athletes but he is an asset to the team.

Like Ross Barkley can learn from Pienaar in terms of "brains" - the same can be said of Romelu from Nais.

Naismith impressed me a lot last season and in his preferred position as on Saturday behind Lukaku, he could be very valuable to us this term. I agree hes an intelligent footballer with good control and positional sense and with an eye for the goal. Still love that weighted little lay back for Barkley's goal v City the end of last season.

He was back from a long lay off and playing out of position for Moyes. Now hes fit and playing in the right position, his work rate and movement is brilliant and I thought he was the stand out performer on Saturday with a tidy finish aswell. He is not a world beater but a very important member of the team this year, in all competitions.

He continues to impress me. Don't think he will be the difference in us breaking that top four but his value to the team is getting more and more every week. There's an argument to be had about him adding more consistently to us up front than Barkley at present.

Very useful to have behind the striker. Makes it all the most mystifying that Moyes played him out right for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back