Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting quite boring Damo.

When he was terrible I said he was terrible, now hes amazing and hes rightfully getting the praise.

Its a kopite trait to claim everyone of our players are amazing, when they clearly aint, dont be a kopite mate.

Backtracking all over the shop you are.

Great to see Naismith got the drop on you.

Well in Naisy

Backtracking all over the shop you are.

Great to see Naismith got the drop on you.

Well in Naisy
I dont think Goat is backtracking. He's adapting his view based on changing evidence.

I have too. I've moved from the position that he's boiled sh1te to one where I think he's a good squad player...maybe even someone who can hold the fort until Barkley returns.

The comeback kid needs to keep applying himself and he'll win a few more over.

I dont think Goat is backtracking. He's adapting his view based on changing evidence.

I have too. I've moved from the position that he's boiled sh1te to one where I think he's a good squad player...maybe even someone who can hold the fort until Barkley returns.

The comeback kid needs to keep applying himself and he'll win a few more over.

This is one of his best attributes, he'd run through a brick wall.

He's very canny at winning free kicks. Last one we had like that was Kilbane...who was amazing at winning them, btw!

His reading of the game is fantastic. Unfortunately he can't always communicate to his feet what he wants to do in time.

His reading of the game is fantastic. Unfortunately he can't always communicate to his feet what he wants to do in time.

He can lay a ball off very efficiently, but he lacks vision in terms of penetrating passes and he cant really pick the ball up and drive at teams - qualities you need in his position at a top four pushing club. He's doing bits and pieces out there that seem to be adding up to something more than the sum of their parts these days though.

IRaNpBh.jpg

He's not the best footballer but he's pretty gosh darn effective in that role he played yesterday. Lovely movement and finish for his goal. Definitely earned his starting place. I'd currently play him behind Lukaku with Mirallas and Pienaar either side of him.

He can lay a ball off very efficiently, but he lacks vision in terms of penetrating passes and he cant really pick the ball up and drive at teams - qualities you need in his position at a top four pushing club. He's doing bits and pieces out there that seem to be adding up to something more than the sum of their parts these days though.

I honestly think he's one of the best 'second strikers' in the league at the moment. His link-up play, heading, jumping, general positioning and finishing are superb. But, like you said, he doesn't really have the vision and he isn't someone who's going to pick up a ball on the turn and scare the oppo sh1tless! But still, he's gonna bag 15 this season I reckon.

I honestly think he's one of the best 'second strikers' in the league at the moment. His link-up play, heading, jumping, general positioning and finishing are superb. But, like you said, he doesn't really have the vision and he isn't someone who's going to pick up a ball on the turn and scare the oppo sh1tless! But still, he's gonna bag 15 this season I reckon.
I dont think he gets any treatment off the opposition right now, tbh. He isn't one of those players who opposing bosses tell their players to keep under wraps. He's aided by that ability he has at present to fly under the radar. If they do look more closely and decide to neutralise him they could do it very easily is my guess, and he doesn't have another power game that could counter that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back