Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying the Naismith renaissance, never thought I'd say that 12 months ago.

He has that natural ability of being in the right place at the right time, good instinct. He also is great in the air for his size. He has his flaws but he's becoming really important for us whilst we have injuries. Go Naisy.

I like his attitude. Teams must hate playing against him. Same for Tim Cahill during his time with us (until last 18 months when teams must have loved seeing his name in the starting eleven).

One criticism that has come up about a lot of everton players in the past few years is bottling the big games. Naismith is certainly not one that fall into this bracket. His attitude is first rate and at the moment he is one of first names on team sheet.

One criticism that has come up about a lot of everton players in the past few years is bottling the big games. Naismith is certainly not one that fall into this bracket. His attitude is first rate and at the moment he is one of first names on team sheet.

Exactly this, he slots against the big teams and thinks nothing of it, just like Cahill used to. Still too many chokers in this team though most notably four out of the back five (Colenan being the exception). I worry that they've just seen us bottle it ao many times that they'll never win any big game of note. No coincidence in my mind that our best patches of form came with Oviedo and Stones mixing in the team.

I'm really enjoying the Naismith renaissance, never thought I'd say that 12 months ago.

He has that natural ability of being in the right place at the right time, good instinct. He also is great in the air for his size. He has his flaws but he's becoming really important for us whilst we have injuries. Go Naisy.
He is our albino lord and saviour

Is right Naisy lad

Just been watching some of his goals on youtube, his awareness and positioning are spot on, it seems like he's always thinking one step ahead.

Genuinely made up for his little bit of form now. Fingers crossed he keeps it up!!

I remember how much I was laughed at for saying Naismith will be better than Jelavic, I was never in the Jelavic will come good group but I always had time for Naismith.

All the qualities people are mentioning now he was showing when he was playing badly. Determination, winning headers, putting 100% in and never giving up. I put when he couldn't play a 5 yard pass or control even the simplest of balls down as nerves. It doesn't help when your fans seemingly hate you, Naismith was treated awful his first year here, didn't even make sense either as he came on a free.

I think he's our strongest finisher and he finds himself in the right area most of the time. If he can stay fit he'll score 10-15 this season

I thnk with Eto'o and maybe another striker coming Naismith will find his way back to the bench and give us a nice option last 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back