Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true about Martinez leaving him out last season. However, IMO the situation has drastically changed since then. Because of his form at the end of last season and his call up to the WC squad, Barkley is in the public eye more than ever and is a branding tool for us as much as a valued team player. He's the face of Everton. He's also now on a lot of cash.

You simply dont have a player like that on the bench for long.

He becomes a branding tool after he's established himself. As I say...I think he will make it...but there have been many in the past who were 'the next big thing' who were consigned to oblivion. If the balance of power in football stays as it is for the next couple of years, we might well get 100 million from Real Madrid for him.(as long as they've forgotten Tommy Graveson !!(joke) )

He becomes a branding tool after he's established himself. As I say...I think he will make it...but there have been many in the past who were 'the next big thing' who were consigned to oblivion. If the balance of power in football stays as it is for the next couple of years, we might well get 100 million from Real Madrid for him.(as long as they've forgotten Tommy Graveson !!(joke) )
I'd rather keep him and win stuff.

Back on topic, Gary Naismith is ace.

Might get laughed at for this, but at this point I view him as one of our indispensable players. He's made that 'false 9' role an integral part of the way we set up going forward and his ability to be in the right place to bag on a consistent basis makes him just as important as Lukaku right now.

Hypothetically, if we were to sell I'd want at least £8-10m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back