Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really felt like it wasn't going to be our day, so well done for plugging on and getting the point. Our defence looked surprisingly solid, centre midfield did its usual job, and its up front where we're struggling and need reinforcements.

For me, Pienaar isn't good enough to be starting for us if we're trying to be a top four team, his is the position that most needs replacing. He just has very very little end product, and never gets as many goals or assists as a man in his position should, especially considering he's partnered with left backs better than most in the league.

Lukaku wasn't great, and should've had one and an assist, but that's why he's on loan here I suppose.

was always going to be a tough match, played well in second half... positives can be taken from it. still in the hunt for 4th.

We have been run ragged over the Christmas period we need to consolidate over the new year, rest and strengthen with new signings.

Osman and Jelavic were good substitutes today. Did well.

Mirallas as a CF next game. Lukaku wasn't even worth rating today.

Ah well, point's a point especially at the Britannia. Not many teams will do well there this season and we're still going strong despite this minor set back, at the end of the season we'll have forgotten this result because it won't matter.

Great character there from the lads to stick at that.

I said early today I'd be reasonably happy with a point given the CB situation. I stand by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back