Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
A point is better than none but definitely 2 points dropped there. Between our usual f*cking fannying in the final third and Stoke desperate to prove how sh*te they are by having every grock back at every given opportunity that was an awful game. Pissed off.

Hey, we're Everton. We win some, we draw some and we lose some.

We drew today. We'll win some more and lose some more.

Not sure where I'm going with this

2 fouls in the area to get the penalty - kicked all over the place - a draw is the very least we deserved even if we weren't that great.

Sometimes luck deserts you, bar, post, opps score from their one decent shot, defence keep us out by luck rather than good judgement and then finally we get something - although I wonder if we were clean away when Marriner called time - having added nothing for the delay on the penalty.

Really felt like it wasn't going to be our day, so well done for plugging on and getting the point. Our defence looked surprisingly solid, centre midfield did its usual job, and its up front where we're struggling and need reinforcements.

For me, Pienaar isn't good enough to be starting for us if we're trying to be a top four team, his is the position that most needs replacing. He just has very very little end product, and never gets as many goals or assists as a man in his position should, especially considering he's partnered with left backs better than most in the league.

Lukaku wasn't great, and should've had one and an assist, but that's why he's on loan here I suppose.

He's 20 years old. Can't think of many strikers at his age leading the line and firing a club into the top 4 week in week out. He's gonna have a drop in form.

We've created many chances...they have defended everything

Its like some people thing that Stoke is a league one side or something. They've lost once at home and even beat Chelsea. We had 2 hit the post and about 4 excellent chances on goal which were defended brilliantly. Stoke threatened a bit but they only had one shot on goal.

Osman our MOM, probably should have came on earlier.

Make a no mistake that is a fantastic point. Stoke have taken a few scalps and today conceded only their 7th goal at home .
Besides, we know us and the teams around us are going to swap places several times yet.

I think we were unlucky.
Credit to Stoke defensively, disrupting our play in the final third very effectively.
I think the conditions and a touch of fatigue in our lads played their part.
But one or two need to look at themselves and how they applied themselves in the first half and second, before Stoke scored.
I'm looking at you Pienaar and Mirallas.

Great shout to bring on Osman against a tiring defence, and a daft sub by Hughes to hook Walters, who was having a stormer up until that point. Naismith needs to learn how to control a football ffs.

Relieved to come out of that with a point. We're still in there with a shout.
Well done lads!

Just tough game that was when you get 2 woodwork hits 2 of the line you know it's not your day . The thing that worrys me we don't have a plan b when we can't break down teams we just go wide to the wingers and they cut inside . Osman was as close as it gets to threading balls down the middle . For me we need another midfielder who can thread a ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back