Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically we should hand back to the league those 8 meaningless no difference getting a draw over a loss points then lid, your stupidity is astounding at times

with the league as it presently is, and the fact that this was our supposedly easier run of games, a win was imperative.

Some of you need to stop being so negative. Stoke have lost once at home all season, so a win would have been a great result.

I'm sure the commentator on City said that Stoke had conceded the fewest number of goals at home this season.

Football's not played on paper and no team is only going to drop points to direct rivals. As has been said, Chelsea lost at the Britannia and City drew there. I doubt that Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd and Spurs will all go there and win.

With a 19 year old making his debut at centre back next to a player that has made on appearance this season, today was going to be a massive test. That is forgetting we have a thin squad and have played 4 matches in the space of 10 days.

A draw way at Stoke in January, with a depleted Defence is perfectly compatible with top 4 form.

Martinez on Stones:

"we have a real gem in our dressing home".

Distin out probably a couple of weeks more. Martinez.

If either of them miralles efforts go in we probably coast to a 2 or 3 nil win, it was just one of those games, even when we had a few goalbound efforts in the second half that knob pieters seemed to always be in the way.

Nice to see the pessimistic bells who were out in force as soon as things start going against us get sh*t on. A point at Stoke after going a goal down,whilst being a tad disappointing is not a bad result at all and we deserved all 3.Well done to Bobby for making the changes.

While it wasn't a bad point, we NEED to start taking full points from lesser teams on a regular basis. We aren't the everton of old anymore, 4th should be the goal this year and these games need to be wins.

That being said I think alcaraz played even better this game than last honestly. He even had some nice distribution of the ball from the back. I remember a perfect long ball into a lukaku run early in the first half. Also felt comfortable with stones back there, he had a solid game and made some great challenges. Great showing from the both of them.

Pienaar had no end product today.Did lot of running with the ball and would just [Poor language removed] it away in the end. Barkley was just OK. Lukaku though.... That first touch. Wanted to pull my fecking hair out!

Next game needs to be better

With a 19 year old making his debut at centre back next to a player that has made on appearance this season, today was going to be a massive test. That is forgetting we have a thin squad and have played 4 matches in the space of 10 days.

A draw way at Stoke in January, with a depleted Defence is perfectly compatible with top 4 form.

Although the interesting thing is that our depleted defence was not the problem. In fact, I would say Stones and Alcaraz were two of our best players today. The problem was that we played terribly in the second half.

AT the stroke of half time I thought we were incredibly unlucky not to be leading 2 - 0. On sixty minutes, I felt like I was watching a totally different team (bar Pienaar, who was toilet from start to finish today).

If Mirallas' efforts had not been stopped by the post and the bar, I find it hard to believe that Stoke would have got anything from that game.

with the league as it presently is, and the fact that this was our supposedly easier run of games, a win was imperative.

Those easier run of games were

Fulham
Swansea
Sunderland
Southampton
Stoke

Won 3 Drew 1 Lost 1

Hardly a poor return is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back