Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we'd have lost this it would have been Sunderland 2.0 everyone would be depressed as ****.
That penalty was most important goal of the season so far imo.

Martinez got it all wrong today, wrong team ,wrong tactics.
Played too narrow made it easy for them and made our forwards look bad.
We all know how poor Stoke are and the RS will batter them,just as we should have done.
Please be carefull Roberto..don't turn us into Wigan.

We have some really clueless dumb and negative fans.

Stoke away is a tough game. As shown by results this season. Add in the conditions. Add in the fact we got plenty of chances and they blocked out a lot with almost the whole team in the final third. Add in the fact all teams have players who feel the fatigue of so many games at this time of year. Ads in the fact we dont have the squad Bobby wants yet and that will take time.

That was a good performance considering the situation and the point was well won.

Coyb!!

That was a /good point. The question you ask is: how many of our direct rivals will go Stoke and get all three points? I bet it won't be all so in that context a point is probably par for the course, not a disaster.

We'll soon know.

Liverpool go there next weekend when we are at home to Norwich :D

And BTW, I bet Chelsea would have been delighted to have walked away from Stoke with a point.

Stoke away is a tough game. As shown by results this season. Add in the conditions. Add in the fact we got plenty of chances and they blocked out a lot with almost the whole team in the final third. Add in the fact all teams have players who feel the fatigue of so many games at this time of year. Ads in the fact we dont have the squad Bobby wants yet and that will take time.

That was a good performance considering the situation and the point was well won.

Coyb!!

Well said!

I have also noticed that in those games.

It's like we are trying to move to fast, we need to pop it round in midfield more, Christ, I can't believe I'm calling for sideways passes.

It would be a physical impossibility to pass it sideways MORE than we did against Sunderland. We were awful in that game. The second half today (prior to the subs coming on) was the same.

I don't know what happened at half time today, but it mustn't happen again.

Coyb!!

Very well said, sir.

Especially that first sentence.

Stoke done a job on us today, battled for every ball and didn't allow us space. Had their midfield sat deep so their two centre mids were more like extra centre backs at times. They put us wide and dealt with all the balls we put into their box easy.

We should have won the game but we didn't. But don't underestimate the importance of that late goal. It was a point we wasn't due and it keeps the players head's up. Were still in there.

It would be a physical impossibility to pass it sideways MORE than we did against Sunderland. We were awful in that game. The second half today (prior to the subs coming on) was the same.

I don't know what happened at half time today, but it mustn't happen again.
Yes actually I agree on the Sunderland game, but, on the other games we just have not passed as much as we were in the earlier part of the season. Arsenal game was the benchmark we need to achieve in terms of passing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back