Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent away point that. They have a great home record, we have a pretty ****e New Years day record, kept battling until the end and that could be a crucial point. In weather like that it was always going to be a tough game but we have a 2 week break now and time to rest and rotate a few for the fa cup next week and get some lads back to fitness. Keeps us ticking along and hopefully get a couple of signings now before the next game.

xuWePL8.jpg

THANK GOD

In all seriousness, a decent point.

But I bet Stoke bend over for Liverpool in their next game. You know it and I know it.

We need big signings this window and I'm not sure we will get them.

As for QPR on Saturday, I have no idea what team I'd put out.

Only negative can be we didn't test Butland but have to give the Stoke defence credit for that as they must have put at least 6 great blocks in on shots inside the box in the 2nd half. We didn't deserve to lose and a draw was a fair result really on both sides efforts.

Baines was composed again taking the penalty. If he wasn't on the pitch I don't think we'd a scored that. Good sub from Martinez bringing on Osman who won the penalty.

in terms of the table 0 points or 1 point are pretty much the same as things stand. 3 would have helped us

well at least weve only lost 2 matches this season, still the least in the league.

So basically we should hand back to the league those 8 meaningless no difference getting a draw over a loss points then lid, your stupidity is astounding at times

Our actual performance levels have been poor for a little too long now - Sunderland, Stoke and even Swansea, Southampton.

Worrying - we really could slip down the table at some rate if we don't get a grip.

I have also noticed that in those games.

It's like we are trying to move to fast, we need to pop it round in midfield more, Christ, I can't believe I'm calling for sideways passes.

The top sides always seem to find a way to win amd we just do not...Kevin was ver unlucky though. ..

To be fair stoke have only lost once at home this season.

And in the past few weeks we have been finding a way to win when we've not been at our best

Excellent away point that. They have a great home record, we have a pretty ****e New Years day record, kept battling until the end and that could be a crucial point. In weather like that it was always going to be a tough game but we have a 2 week break now and time to rest and rotate a few for the fa cup next week and get some lads back to fitness. Keeps us ticking along and hopefully get a couple of signings now before the next game.

I agree with this. It was a tough game and its easy to think of how bad stoke were when we thrashed them at home but playing at the britannia in that kind of weather is a different proposition. Im happy with a point and although we go behind liverpool again we keep the momentum going into two very winnable next premier league matches.

After Saturday the players will have a week's rest to refresh before Norwich. A very difficult period that suits the team with the big squads. We deffo need to add players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back