Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger picture, lads. The goal is to exceed 37 pts in the second half of the season. Todays's draw was definitely a step towards that.

we have not been at our sharpest last month, but now we have 11 days to the next league match. We will come out guns blazing and get ourselves firmly on track for that.

Up the Blues.

I have just read back the thread from just after half time and seriously some posters need to get a grip.
The goal was the fault of Barkley, Lukaku and Stones. McCarthys performance was disgusting. We are slipping down the league at an alarming rate and so on and so on. You can see the frustration of losing in the writing of such bull that it is laughable and fickle.

My take on the game was we were dominant and Stoke defended brilliantly. We kept our composure and tried to make opening rather than hoof. It was just one of those games against a very good home team. As soon as people get it out of there heads that we are going to win the league then all cats, dogs and wives will live a little safer.

This. Dissapointing but not the end of the world. We could've easily been 2-0 up at half-time if not for a matter of inches! People need to get a grip and stop knee-jerking. Another frustrating day but we got there in the end. COYB!

Yup. It's always gonna be tough with him. I'd rather him play at 50% than Jelavic. We've no options. Jela is as bad with his hold up play and touch when he's on top of his game.

Kone would've come in useful about now.

*dodges glass*

you won't have to dodge any glass from me. I agree 100% and have stated on a few previous posts in other threads that Kone's injury was very pernicious to our chance for top 4

Get in! I thought we'd lost 1-0. Obviously a point at Stoke isn't anything to be too made up by but still, better than losing.

We're still boss.

Agreed, it only looked like we scored an equaliser. In reality it's still 1-0.

in terms of the table 0 points or 1 point are pretty much the same as things stand. 3 would have helped us

well at least weve only lost 2 matches this season, still the least in the league.

was it just my eyes or did barkley perform the flip flap?

[video=youtube;LXqPEpeokCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqPEpeokCg[/video]

someone needs to get me the gif of it.

Stones and alcaraz were brilliant. Jelavic looked sharp and hungry when he come on.
Just a frustrating match, we desperatly need another creative player that can create out of nothing when we come up against these teams that just sit back against us.

Ref was ****e and mark hughes needs banging out the ********

This!.

For as good as the likes of Barkley, Pienaar & Mirallas are, they just havent got an eye for a through ball, the kind of pass that really opens up a tight defence, even the toughest to break down.

Thing is, that kind of player costs big bucks.

Maybe signing someone like McGeady will give us something weve missed since Deulofeu got injured, someone who's fleet footed and can beat men and make something happen that way?

Desperately unlucky not to be ahead 2 - nil at halftime, but the second half was AWFUL.

Stones and Alcaraz were very good, I'd be happy for them to start the next game. Pienaar and Lukaku were very poor. I said before the game that Pienaar had no business starting ahead of Oviedo and the performance bears that out. Lukaku needs a rest, but we don't want to cup-tie Jelavic....

Osman demonstrated that he still has a role, but it is a specific one - attacking centre mid coming on with half an hour or less to play.

We absolutely HAVE to pick up a RM so that Mirallas can play LM or CF. Landon Donovan on loan until Deulofeu returns would actually suffice.

Get in! I thought we'd lost 1-0. Obviously a point at Stoke isn't anything to be too made up by but still, better than losing.

We're still boss.

Southampton and city both drew their and chelsea lost mate, the others still have to go their, put in perspective its actually a very good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back