• Warsaw

Votes: 63 21.5%
  • Sniderman

Votes: 59 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have a go at answering. But first I'm not a Martinez out or in yet. Can't make my mind up.

But reasons for keeping him right now:
- Cost of sacking him - Compared to cost of relegation?
- Cost of getting new man in - As above
- Would new man make any difference? Baring in mind that Martinez as made a lot of ballroom changes, as well as obviously playing style. Would it be that easy, or as quick as it needs to be to change it to the new mans ideas and staff and so on? It might not be the quick fix everyone seems to think it will be. Look at the football served up this season in the league. With a new man in, it couldnt possibly be any worse. Caretaker until end of season and then have a good look to see whose available

The reasons for getting rid or obvious so I won't go through those!

Just got back from stoke ffs absolute shi£e again really cba posting anymore about our beloved club.if the players put in the effort us supporters we'd be ok but they don't and we're not.Thank the almighty there are 3 worse teams than us else we'd be right in the shi£e.believe me it was that bad tonight. Ffs gutted.

That was pretty much the norm back then though. Bit of a difference in spending £28m on Lukaku and getting Franny Jeffers in on deadline day too.
This season with the summer deals we were more or less convinced that we would be at least in the top 6,it's a disgrace to be so low as we are now.But at the end of the day one man had to take the blame and that's Martinez I. Not at all convinced he can fix it,I don't think he's got it I'm him on the side line tonight he looked totally lost.

I think he should stay. For the first reason being I am not sure who else we would get at this stage of the season. Secondly because his performance last year still shows me what he can achieve. I suppose I believe in sticking with managers even if they are going through a tricky run of form.

Moyes struggled second season, and came back stronger. I never expected Martinez to crack is straight away, but for me he deserves another summer to remould the squad.

It's a game of chicken from now until the end of the season. If he stays and starts next season looking like he's not learned any lessons from this season then at least there is plenty if time to get someone new in. Best case scenario (other than Bob getting it right next season) is to win the EL so that we can attract a manager who wants to play in the CL next season.

Just got back from stoke ffs absolute shi£e again really cba posting anymore about our beloved club.if the players put in the effort us supporters we'd be ok but they don't and we're not.Thank the almighty there are 3 worse teams than us else we'd be right in the shi£e.believe me it was that bad tonight. Ffs gutted.
The players need a kick up the a**e but are manager isn't strong enough!I'm convinced moyes use to let rip in the dressing room!I can see Martinez doing that.

He will probably win the Europa league and we survive on goal difference only problem is them we are stuck with him for years,because he won a trophy,I don't want him here years.

I don't think Bobby is a bad manager, I just think he has been incredibly naive this season. The damage caused by that naivity has damaged the confidence of the squad and the fans to such an extent that I'm not sure that the situation is rescuable. Feels like we are free falling I am afraid

@harris78

All your points are valid of course.

I imagine from the Boards point of view the cost of relegation is still not a real cost. We probably won't go down (although it's becoming more and more scary). It's a cost we probably won't have to pay. Even if we keep Martinez.

Sacking him would cost real money.

I hope that point makes sense, I've not explained it very well.

And the 'the new man can't do any worse' argument is valid too. You'd think not. But it could get worse. We're not getting smashed each game for example. Could happen with a new manager/caretaker trying to sort his ideas out on the team.

It's all ifs and buts and I don't think anything either of us have said is wrong.

I just think getting someone else in could, I repeat could, not have the effect some people seem to think it will.

@harris78

All your points are valid of course.

I imagine from the Boards point of view the cost of relegation is still not a real cost. We probably won't go down (although it's becoming more and more scary). It's a cost we probably won't have to pay. Even if we keep Martinez.

Sacking him would cost real money.

I hope that point makes sense, I've not explained it very well.

And the 'the new man can't do any worse' argument is valid too. You'd think not. But it could get worse. We're not getting smashed each game for example. Could happen with a new manager/caretaker trying to sort his ideas out on the team.

It's all ifs and buts and I don't think anything either of us have said is wrong.

I just think getting someone else in could, I repeat could, not have the effect some people seem to think it will.

I totally agree @ijjysmith there is no guarantee that a new manager coming in will make any real difference. I guess it's the whole 'laissez faire' attitude that seems to permeate from our board/management/players that scares me the most. The whole too good to go down etc. There are only ten games to go and we have only won two in eighteen or something ridiculous. That does not translate to a lot of points come May and it only takes one or two teams around the bottom to pick up a few points and it's see you later to the PL.

Just back from Stoke.
1. Still no balance in the team/no width.
2. Howard once again cost us a goal
3. Too many defensive midfielders and not one who can support the attack. That's why Ossie looked ok when he came on, as he (despite all his faults) can do that.
4. Kone looked lively and it was pleasing to see 2 up front, even though it would have worked better with WINGERS!
5. We are in freefall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back