• Warsaw

Votes: 63 21.5%
  • Sniderman

Votes: 59 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 points ahead with 10 games to go, superior goal difference, none of the bottom 3 looking like they're putting a run together and we have to play 4 of the bottom 5.

We can fume about the position we are, the style of play etc etc, but we are not going down.

How can you be so sure? Villa won yesterday and are now three points behind and we have to go there. QPR have a game in hand and we have to go there. We have to play Burnley and Sunderland, who bet your bottom dollar stick ten behind the ball and watch us flounder hopelessly with no idea what we are doing. How you can be so sure we are not going down at this moment in time is baffling? It almost makes me think this is what Martinez/players are saying behind closed doors hence the insipid rubbish we have to watch. Some people do not seem able to grasp the severity of our situation. We can not win a game in the league for love nor money, heck we cannot even score or look like scoring a goal. Why do people think this is going to change when the manager is so pig headed to change tactics/personnel?

Everyone is saying that Ferguson would be caretaker manager, surely Unsworth would be a better bet wouldn't he? At least he's got some experience of putting a team together and managing them through a game.

In all honesty if we went the Caretaker route, particularly given the perilous situation I imagine it would be Royle in Charge.

So you think Martinez should stay? If yes for what reasons.

I think he should stay. For the first reason being I am not sure who else we would get at this stage of the season. Secondly because his performance last year still shows me what he can achieve. I suppose I believe in sticking with managers even if they are going through a tricky run of form.

Moyes struggled second season, and came back stronger. I never expected Martinez to crack is straight away, but for me he deserves another summer to remould the squad.

I can't really understand why there wasn't a person within the club to replace Moyes in the first place,whether it be Duncan,Stubbs,unsworth one should have been moyes assistant,after Irving he had around we were nowhere near as good with around,Irving must have done a lot of work behind the scenes.

So you think Martinez should stay? If yes for what reasons.

I'll have a go at answering. But first I'm not a Martinez out or in yet. Can't make my mind up.

But reasons for keeping him right now:
- Cost of sacking him
- Cost of getting new man in
- Would new man make any difference? Baring in mind that Martinez as made a lot of backroom changes, as well as obviously playing style. Would it be that easy, or as quick as it needs to be to change it to the new mans ideas and staff and so on? It might not be the quick fix everyone seems to think it will be.

The reasons for getting rid or obvious so I won't go through those!

I'm not normally pessimistic on this, but it's really not looking good.

We have 10 games left and we need 4 wins. Where are they coming from? If it's not Leicester at home or Stoke away, who is it?

And the players are not fighting for it, as you have to in a relegation battle. We've been in one since December but they haven't woken up to it yet. That's a prerequisite for allowing the likes of Villa and QPR to go on a run if they manage to. I'm not sure we have that with this group.

I think he should stay. For the first reason being I am not sure who else we would get at this stage of the season. Secondly because his performance last year still shows me what he can achieve. I suppose I believe in sticking with managers even if they are going through a tricky run of form.

Moyes struggled second season, and came back stronger. I never expected Martinez to crack is straight away, but for me he deserves another summer to remould the squad.
But it is seriously worrying that there seems to have been no improvement in such along time,the only time we showed improvement was when Robles played and we were defending a lot better.There does seem to be a lot of player power in our team Howard,Barry to name a couple.Im worried at this point and I can't see any improvement on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back