Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so too did a fair proportion of the Goodison crowd... sadly, too little patience and faith, and that surely is a factor in Stones asking to leave.

Throw in the need for the club to generate some 'profit' to balance the FFP books and there we have it.

JS leaves for a shed load of money, Barnsley get a nice drink and City get the potential - and everyone gets to see if Señor Guardiola is indeed the coach he's cracked up to be. Cos if he isn't and JS doesn't become dominant in the air... well,M won't be our issue to solve any longer.
So what was the factor in him asking to leave last summer? The same one as this time probably, More money and, yes, more chance of silverware.
He had his heart set on Chelsea last year now it's City. He does seem to like the colour blue.

Sounds like we need this to happen to be able to move forward.
Fair enough.
Can't be happy about it though even while accepting it's necessary.
A poor half season playing in a head wrecked team can't convince me to forget everything he'd shown us before.

See ya, enjoy your Rodwell time.

Good wedge of income that will let us spend on replacements and stay in the financial rules.

Bags of potential but I've a feeling that unless someone gets his ego in control he'll never reach the heights.

Like Sterling before him he is rushing into a move which I think might well harm his development... but it won't be our problem. However, it's a shame that footballers all seem to transform into egomaniacs on the back of some good press. I think he's flawed as both a player and human being... he has the talent to make £50m look like a snip... but I'd be nervous if we were paying that for him. Actually think being at the ground up at a new project and steady progress over a couple of years would be ideal for him rather than jumping straight into the City pressure cooker.

So what was the factor in him asking to leave last summer? The same one as this time probably, More money and, yes, more chance of silverware.
He had his heart set on Chelsea last year now it's City. He does seem to like the colour blue.

Well however it came about, we managed to keep him and in the face of pressure from Jose, Chelski and the media trying to tell us we were hindering and hurting his progression.

If Martinez hadn't naused up the season and we'd finished top six, and still brought RK in, methinks JS would be staying... but that would possibly have meant Ross Barkley having to be the sacrificial lamb on the FFP altar.

Probably suits everyone this. Shame as I do think he'll go onto great things, but right now we can't quite make the most of what he brings to the team in terms of playing it out. On the defensive side, well that's more about the whole unit and the way they work together than any single individual I think anyone.

People acting like we are losing a Suarez or Ronaldo. The kids good and he has the potential to be a world class CB, however he isn't going to win you games single handedly like a De Gea GK or Messi forward. For me considering the prices banded about I would want at minimum £50 million for him though.

£42 million + £10/£15 million from the kitty could get us 2 new top drawer CB pairing for the future. Leaving us with £80-90 million to bring in a GK, CM, LM and backup striker.

Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes, or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I've never quite understood the love in regarding Stones. Yes, he is composed in possession and his ball control is really good for a defender but his positional sense and heading ability are in my opinion really weak. Those last two attributes are essential for a centre half.
The myth around him being something special is really all it is at the moment; a myth.
Unless he sorts those weaknesses out then he might just struggle to reach the expectations people have heaped upon him.
I won't be sorry if he goes either.

Well however it came about, we managed to keep him and in the face of pressure from Jose, Chelski and the media trying to tell us we were hindering and hurting his progression.

If Martinez hadn't naused up the season and we'd finished top six, and still brought RK in, methinks JS would be staying... but that would possibly have meant Ross Barkley having to be the sacrificial lamb on the FFP altar.
Well we could always just tell Pep to 'koff. See how things pan out this season with RK.

Status
Not open for further replies.