Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said... if he was a striker he'd be a box of crowd pleasing tricks and score a worldly every 5th match. He would ultimately finish the season on about 12 goals and we would all be wondering if £50m could be better spent on someone who would score 25.

If it's to satisfy the FFP requirements for next season, then I would rather have kept Stones and let Lukaku go. Saying that, I suppose the difference is that other clubs actually want to buy Stones.

If it's simply a case of him wanting to leave, then fair enough. It's a great price and he hasn't exactly made himself indispensable to the team anyway.

I've never quite understood the love in regarding Stones. Yes, he is composed in possession and his ball control is really good for a defender but his positional sense and heading ability are in my opinion really weak. Those last two attributes are essential for a centre half.
The myth around him being something special is really all it is at the moment; a myth.
Unless he sorts those weaknesses out then he might just struggle to reach the expectations people have heaped upon him.
I won't be sorry if he goes either.
Shhhhhh!
If you dis him his price will drop!

This will drag on all Summer.

Great player or not, I hate it when we are in the press all transfer window about selling a player rather than buying players.

If only I could fast forward to the start of the season.

Well we could always just tell Pep to 'koff. See how things pan out this season with RK.

I wouldn't be upset if we tried that, but it doesn't solve the FFP issue and would impede squad strengthening.

I'm resigned to the sad realisation that, as others have alluded it's a bit like a game of chess... sacrifice a piece to win the game.

If we get circa £50 million for Stones, sign suitable replacements and additions, and finish top six this season, then the seeds of even better future growth will have been sown... and the profit from Stones will be well on it's way to proving its worth.

This will drag on all Summer.

Great player or not, I hate it when we are in the press all transfer window about selling a player rather than buying players.

If only I could fast forward to the start of the season.

It's not really a bother though. Last season, losing Stones late in the window would have been terrible, as we all knew the fans and club didn't want to do it.

This year, the fans aren't that arsed, and the club clearly is open to doing business.

I'm not bothered if he stays or goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back