• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Action needs to be taking against such thuggary, what needs to happen for a serious punishment here? If this carrys on someone is going to end up losing a limb down the line.

It's already being covered up/ignored

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28010944

Uruguayan media blaming the English media for demonizing him. Everyone claiming to not see it. Any ban looks to be international only which is great for the RS. The mongrel is made of teflon.

Wonderful quote
"The British media is very bad to Luis Suarez. Bad. Bad. Bad. You attack, attack, attack. You don't see the goals, only bad things" Leonardo Goyen Sena La Tribune newspaper

Also this lifted from Sky Sports.....

Suarez has attempted to defend himself following the incident, telling Uruguayan television: "These situations happen on the pitch, we were both just inside the area, he struck me in the chest with his shoulder and he hit me in the eye as well.

"These are things that happen on the pitch and you shouldn't attach so much importance to them.

"I'm very happy to have qualified. We are taking each game as it comes, we know that we're in a difficult situation, we're at our limits now."

All these people saying he needs "help". That's all well and good, completely agree. But here's the thing - he can receive that help whilst not being a danger to his fellow pros.

He should be banned for a year, possibly two, take proper treatment to cure his impulsivity issues and hopefully come back a better person - doubt it, but that's the hope. The only thing I'm absolutely certain about is that he should not be allowed to play the sport of football professionally for a long, long time.

Oh yeah, it's no excuse to act how he does, but if he is genuinely ill, he needs taken far away from the football field, he's a danger to others.

Not sure about this mentally ill stuff. I think he is just a cheating, snidey coward who does whatever he wants

There must be a screw loose. In saying that it's an insult to people who suffer from mental illness that he should be bracketed in the same company as us.

Good news / bad news... and I'm not sure which is which.

rs won't get massive cash injection from his fee
he will be playing for them and keep them ticking over as a semi major force.

world wide 1 yr ban at min.

not that it'll happen tho'

Tony Kay got WW Life ban for betting 50 quid...oh they dressed it up as conspiracy, but that's what it amounted too.

See line below, never fails to cover any situation

I'm being serious in saying he should be banned for life now, and that is not me with blue tinted glasses on. No one can deny he is a World Class player but he is also a lunatic. This latest bite, that is what it is, not as most media outlets are labelling it "alleged" or "suggested bite", is totally unforgiveable as should the other two incidents have been. If I was to bite anyone on the street it would be assauly, so why isn't it now?
Vile animal who should not be able to profit from the game anymore than he has done.

I'm being serious in saying he should be banned for life now, and that is not me with blue tinted glasses on. No one can deny he is a World Class player but he is also a lunatic. This latest bite, that is what it is, not as most media outlets are labelling it "alleged" or "suggested bite", is totally unforgiveable as should the other two incidents have been. If I was to bite anyone on the street it would be assauly, so why isn't it now?
Vile animal who should not be able to profit from the game anymore than he has done.

But it's one rule for the rich and another for the rest if us - you should know this :)

Statement from Fifa:
"FIFA can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the player Luis Suarez of Uruguay following an apparent breach of art. 48 and/or art. 57 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil match Italy-Uruguay played on 24 June 2014.
"The player and/or the Uruguayan FA are invited to provide with their position and any documentary evidence they deem relevant until 25 June 2014, 5pm, Brasilia time.
"According to art. 77 lit. a of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC), the FIFA Disciplinary Committee is responsible for sanctioning serious infringements which have escaped the match officials’ attention.
"Furthermore, according to art. 96 of the FDC, any type of proof may be produced (par. 1), in particular are admissible, reports from referees, declarations from the parties and witnesses, material evidence, audio or video recordings (par. 3)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back