• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will be the first player to stand up and say that he won't take the pitch against him (or with him) because its bad for football and something must be done.

Is there room for Suarez in the English professional league? Is this the way we want to teach our children to play the game?

The hard line we're getting from Suarez and the Uruguayans can stand, and Luis can go back to Uruguay and play his footy, too.

I don't think the question is whether he's a [Poor language removed] or not, I think that's clear long before this latest episode...I'm merely referring to the punishment for this to fit the crime
I see this line of argument. But the thing is - biting is something that is culturally unacceptable. Whether right or not, biting will be seen as worse than a punch or a bad tackle. And he has prior history. At a certain point these things have to be accounted for.

Keane's horror tackle should have resulted in a long, long ban. It's worse as an isolated incident that this, objectively. However, just like spitting is seen as terrible, so is biting. If Suarez cannot abide by recognized cultural norms, even after repeatedly being punished for failing to abide by those norms, then one has to come to the conclusion that he's not fit to be on a football pitch.

Actions cannot be taken in isolation when one has an extensive prior history of breaking the decency and normalcy of the football pitch. FIFA should take into account that Suarez has been banned for biting before, and banned for racism, and every other action that he has been seen to commit. This isn't about this bite. This is about the fact that he has proven incapable of controlling his actions. Or worse still, he is capable of controlling himself, and chooses to recurrently act in this manner.

As above, it would be fantastic to have a player come out and say he doesnt eant tobtake the field with him.

What is strange is that ivanovic and chiellini didnt turn around and destroy him, I dont mean a simple punch i mean actually put the guy in a coma.

Its not something id advocate but if someone bites you then I guess its the pure shock and horror or it all which stops them.

someone responded to my facebok post about suarez (probably) joking 'think of all the people Suarez has played against in his life. Probably only represents .3% of all the players he has bit playing against him.'

responded with: "That's true. I mean, he also ONLY racially abused one black player too. Think of all the others he probably hated playing against (or with) but refrained from attacking."

the fact they never replied back makes me think they might have been serious.

Even Gordon Taylor, usually very supportive of his members, was lost for words earlier when asked if he would/should be in the PL next season......

Strange days for sure.

What is wrong with Uruguay? Are they not aware that by defending Suarez here they are damaging their nation's reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back