• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28021284
Dear Gordon Taylor - wouldn't you be better being more concerned about the possibility of PFA members being bitten than by what might happen to the biter?

Dodgy as, that bloke.

"David Usher, owner of fanzine The Liverpool Way, believes the club should stick with their troubled striker, adding: "He needs help and he may as well get it from Liverpool rather than somewhere else"."

Yeah mate - that worked before didn't it.

Not if they do it for something like a whole season, but I suppose it's more likely they'll just do 5 games or something.

If he's banned internationally for a whole season his value will go up as he will be fresher for club games and will reduce the chances of injury.

If he's banned internationally for a whole season his value will go up as he will be fresher for club games and will reduce the chances of injury.
Oh sorry I mistook international to mean in all leagues as opposed to just Uruguay games! Yeah would be a disaster if it was just international

Id be I interested to know a valid reason why he shouldnt get a blanket 2 year ban ?

Other than his footballing ability being used as leverage of course.

Will they?...I doubt it but I do think FIFA will feel pressure from the FA of England & Italy, from the general media and the fallout of Qatar/Brasil controversies relating to FIFA...So a lengthy ban is certainly possible but I would not agree with it being excessive - which was my original contention

So how many times does he need to be caught biting (assaulting another player in a manner every 6yo child is taught not to, at that) before we do give him a long term ban?

What would my ban be if he bit me, then I turned around and smashed his nose? Probably longer than the total of his two prior biting bans.

My two cents. Next time we're up big or down big vs LP and he's on teh pitch, sub out one of our players for Mongo. Have Mongo take the pitch with no intent but to smash him. Knock his chiclets out. Take a mssive suspension and never pay for a beer in a Blue bar again.

Alternately, maybe someone who has been bitten should just charge him with assault and battery.

From the Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-long-could-liverpool-fc-7325933

According to Article 136 of the 2011 Fifa Disciplinary Code, it states: “If the infringement is serious, in particular but not limited to doping, unlawfully influencing match results, misconduct against match officials, forgery and falsification or violation of the rules governing age limits, the associations, confederations, and other organising sports bodies shall request Fifa to extend the sanctions they have imposed so as to have worldwide effect.”

This is the crucial point. If Suarez's infringement is considered serious enough and he is banned from international competition by Fifa, then both the FA and Uefa will be able to ask Fifa to extend the sanctions already imposed, to have a worldwide effect.

The FA and Uefa would apply individually to ban him from their respective competitions – the Premier League and Champions League respectively – but it would be under the jurisdiction of Fifa to accept that.

So, it is possible any ban would only apply to international fixtures, but the FA and Uefa could ensure he is also banned for Liverpool too.

However, Article 136 continues: “If the judicial bodies of Fifa discover that associations, confederations and other sports organisations have not requested a decision to be extended to have worldwide effect, these bodies may themselves pass a decision.”

This would suggest that if the associations elect not to appeal to Fifa, the world governing body would still be able to extend that ban from international football into a global ban of its own accord.

While Fifa are likeliest to impose a global ban if requested to – and therefore see him unavailable for Liverpool – they may also choose to do so themselves.

If that happens, Suarez must have previously had the opportunity to “state his case”, as pertains to Article 137 of the 2011 Fifa Disciplinary Code: “The request for sanctions to be extended will be approved if:

a) the person sanctioned has been cited properly;

b) he has had the opportunity to state his case (with the exception of

provisional measures);

c) the decision has been communicated properly;

d) the decision complies with the regulations of FIFA;

e) extending the sanction does not conflict with public order and accepted standards of behaviour.”

Messi just makes this man look an absolute tool. Does all his talking on the pitch. Don't ask him to pay tax like cause he just won't do it.

A man in Sweden won the equivalent of about 1200 Pounds on Suarez bite. He had, before the World Cup started, bet 7 Pounds that Suarez would bite someone during the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back