• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gonna get a slap on the wrist I just know it. How can Liverpool fans still stick up for this clown. 3 times is just taking the pi**.

You are in fact, without any facts...I've condoned nothing, otherwise let's see the quotes

And since this is the real world, FIFA doesn't have that sort of authority - they govern international tournaments...They are not the supreme court of football...Their bans & punishments are independent of continental or domestic associations...A lengthier ban than prior ones in other competitions that have never been analysed by FIFA would be unprecedented...Of course, this is FIFA so you can never say never
Roydo, Mythbuster and Tubey have all pointed out, since I last posted, the various ways in which you are wrong.

You said that a ban was warranted but a ban that took into account the previous offences, and was significantly longer than those previous bans, would be excessive - on the basis of the flimsy issue of FIFA being a different organisation to UEFA, the FA. etc. As another poster explained, that's akin to ignoring someone's drink driving record in one country when they are caught doing it again in another country.

You are condoning the behaviour. You're wrong. You've qualified for the ignore list. Bye.

By not calling for a significant ban you are passively condoning what he's done. You're like the judge from the Simpsons who let's Bart off on the grounds of "boys will be boys" over and over again.

With that sort of logic, you would've felt right at home at the witch trials in Salem

And FIFA do apparently have that authority. But even if they don't

Either they do or they don't, excellent clarification

With that sort of logic, you would've felt right at home at the witch trials in Salem

Either they do or they don't, excellent clarification

It's an hypothesis mate, and has no bearing on the truth-value of the previous proposition.

Assuming the FA can actually convict anyone of anything nevermind racism, it's not germane though, is it?

Eh? You know what I mean. Found guilty of using racist language then. Better?

Not entirely sure what your point is now. You argued that FIFA couldnt ban him globally. They can.

You argued that a ban longer than for previous "convictions" would be harsh. Thats just plain daft and flies in the face of natural justice.

So, in summary. Suarez has a domestic rap sheet, in Holland and England of.

2 bans totaling 17 games for biting an opponent.

1 "conviction" of racist language against an opponent. (Cant remember the sentence). Racist behaviour is specifically referred to in FIFAs own rules as being one of the actions that could lead to a global ban.

He has now bitten, in a mega high profile match, under no provocation, (as if that makes a difference), for a THIRD time.

Hence, FIFA can, and in my opinion, should, throw the book at him.

Now if I have misunderstood your point of view, then fine, but that is I see events as they stand.

doing it at the world cup really will change worldwide opinion of him, everyone i know is talking about it..people in the office who normally hate football, me mum, the dog..everyone

serious question...

does he need somekind of help ffs...theres definitely something wrong in his turnip

I would say there is something not fully fused together mate.

I mean, although he dives and stamps and feigns injury, that is not unique to him, but this is just nuts.

doing it at the world cup really will change worldwide opinion of him, everyone i know is talking about it..people in the office who normally hate football, me mum, the dog..everyone

What have your Mum and dog done? They bitten someone as well?

Luis Suarez bite comes from childhood humiliation and frustration' - psychologist looks into why Uruguayan bites
Psychologist Dr Saima Latif tells Mehreen Khan that Luis Suarez's biting is habitual, child-like behaviour

Luis Suarez bite comes from childhood humiliation and frustration' - psychologist looks into why Uruguayan bites
Psychologist Dr Saima Latif tells Mehreen Khan that Luis Suarez's biting is habitual, child-like behaviour

Which for a 26(?) year old professional footballer, father, and someone who has travelled around the world working, is, well, odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back