• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are in fact, without any facts...I've condoned nothing, otherwise let's see the quotes

And since this is the real world, FIFA doesn't have that sort of authority - they govern international tournaments...They are not the supreme court of football...Their bans & punishments are independent of continental or domestic associations...A lengthier ban than prior ones in other competitions that have never been analysed by FIFA would be unprecedented...Of course, this is FIFA so you can never say never

I hope he does not get banned during the world cup, they play Argentina and he bites through Messi's ACL.

You are in fact, without any facts...I've condoned nothing, otherwise let's see the quotes

And since this is the real world, FIFA doesn't have that sort of authority - they govern international tournaments...They are not the supreme court of football...Their bans & punishments are independent of continental or domestic associations...A lengthier ban than prior ones in other competitions that have never been analysed by FIFA would be unprecedented...Of course, this is FIFA so you can never say never

By not calling for a significant ban you are passively condoning what he's done. You're like the judge from the Simpsons who let's Bart off on the grounds of "boys will be boys" over and over again.

And FIFA do apparently have that authority. But even if they don't, it'll be interesting to see if he receives a separate sanction from the FA/EPL anyway, as I'm really unsure as to how he can receive a licence to play professional sport in England given that he's an obvious danger to his fellow athletes.

No mate. They do. Fact.

Getting rather tired of the whole Suarez-is-mad/mentally ill/needs help thing.

He's not mad. He's a cold calculating cheat trying to win by any means. In what is effectively a KO game he knows full well that if Chiellini retaliates and smacks him in the chops he'll be sent off and its game set and match Uruguay.

Thats why be bites, why he makes nasty snidey fouls, why he goes to ground for nothing and possibly why he racially abuses. He is trying to get opposition players carded/sent off. He's always played that way - and it usually works because he gets away with it over and over.

A life ban would not be too harsh.

I disagree on this. I do believe that this is entirely a mental instability issue, which does in fact make the whole unsavoury incident far more damning. If he cannot control this urge on a stage of this magnitude, after many months of professional help, then it is beyond the stage that he can be second guessed. This is where their duty of care comes in.

All I've been saying is that he deserves a ban but it shouldn't be excessive in light of how much media hype there is over it...For me, there are far more reprehensible things going on that deserve lengthier bans

In general, however, I'd love to see global rules & their punishments enacted & enforced consistently...As it is, FIFA, UEFA, Premiership, Primera etc. all operate under different sets of rules depending on the competition involved - there are few consistencies in that regard alone
Like racism ? oh wait.........

It should be excessive, no two ways about it. This is a feller who has committed the same offence for the 3rd time in 4 years and is clearly not learning. What he is committing here on the pitch is assault. Are we waiting for the 4th offence before the hammer really comes down.

That's hardly proving it is it

He admitted well after the event and was charged
Its still proof however way you look at it. Keane admitted that he wanted to end his career. Whether it was the next day or 10 years later, the proof is there that his actions that day were very much deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back