Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe some of you think there's a player in Schneiderlin that makes sense in any midfield a top squad is trying to employ. He's not very good, he's super slow, he offers nothing going forward, he can't mark a quick player, and just isn't effective at any high level.

He was very good for us in his first 6months and for me was the best player in the league in his last season at Southampton.

I’m a fan of Schneiderlin, not his last 6 months with us but he probably just didn’t know what the hell was going on... He will be back to his best this year I feel.

Why do people believe the Mori sale means Silva/Brands rate Keane or Williams any higher?

Mori went, because we received a bid for him. I would think (& hope) Williams will be sat down tomorrow & told he’s surplus to requirements. Same for Keane, unless they think they can get a tune out of him.
Better hope nobody bids for Seamus then.

He was very good for us in his first 6months and for me was the best player in the league in his last season at Southampton.
In a really limited system where he wasn't asked to do much. I just don't see him as one of the 2 DCMs or definitely not the sole DM in either of Silva's preferred 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Just don't see it.

I still can't believe some of you think there's a player in Schneiderlin that makes sense in any midfield a top squad is trying to employ. He's not very good, he's super slow, he offers nothing going forward, he can't mark a quick player, and just isn't effective at any high level.
Mourinho agrees.

...it’s Monday, it’s the day Everton players return for pre-season training and here’s this morning Toffee transfer gossip;

- According to the Daily Mail, Everton will push Celtic to determine their asking price for 21 year old Left Back, Kieran Tierney. Tottenham have now joined the list of suitors for the player.

- Get French Football News report Everton have lodged an enquiry to sign Rennes defender, Ramy Bensebaïni. The 23 year old Algerian international has been lauded for his ability to play a range of positions across the back four but is mainly seen as a Centre Back. Stuttgart are also said to be interested.

- Turkish outlet Aksam continue to link Everton with a swap deal involving midfielder Davy Klaassen and 29 year old Besiktas Centre Back, Domagoj Vida. They say Everton have offered €10m plus Klaassen for the Croatian who signed on a free in January.

- Portuguese newspaper, O Jogo, say the good form of Andre Carrillo at the World Cup could force Benfica to keep hold of the Peruvian winger amid interest from Everton.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton target, Ruben Loftus-Cheek-Cheek, has hit out at Chelsea for their lack of belief in him: “It’s hard to compare the faith of Gareth Southgate and Roy Hodgson and the lack of Antonio Conte faith, because Chelsea is a big club and managers are under pressure and maybe don’t want to take a chance on a young player. I don’t understand what’s going on behind the scenes fully”.

- Portuguese publication, CM Journal, suggest Everton and West Ham are interested in 27 year old Porto forward, Moussa Marega. It is thought the Portuguese champions would only sell if their £31m valuation of the Mali international was met. The player operates as a second striker or winger and scored 22 goals in 29 appearances last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back