Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally feel that would leave us with too small a squad Zat. An injury to Tosun, for example, would leave us with no back up striker on the bench and in a situation where DCL is playing too much. Young players need taking out of the firing line now and again and i'm convinced that's been a major part of the problem with Davies this season.

Also, I guess the ??? next to Gana would be a defensive midfielder. We need a baller somewhere in that midfield which is why I suggested bringing in somebody like Wilshire. Rooney is the only one capable of doing that at the moment but even he isn't in your set up.

Totally forgot about Rooney...

Centre back / left back / centre midfielder --those are the 3 players id bring in. You're right about needing another forward +we'd need another keeper also.

So, 5 players...3 starters.

For the centre midfielder, id go for Cook...Wilshere is always injured...otherwise someone from overseas.

Chillwell looks great

He suprised me tonight.

Me too. Thought he was our best attacking player and wasn't too shabby defensively either.

Very disappointed with Sessegnon though.

And only a few days ago I was ravaged for saying we should sign Chilwell...

Pointless thread until we decide on what style we want to play via which manager we go for.

Can’t see Philip Jones playing liquid football out of the back under Fonseca

Shaw
Smalling
Carvalho
Wilshere
A striker if Niasse leaves

All for around 75 million (not including striker), could probably recoup most of that by selling Williams, Besic, Klassen, Sandro, Mirallas, and Pennington.

Shaw
Smalling
Carvalho
Wilshere
A striker if Niasse leaves

All for around 75 million (not including striker), could probably recoup most of that by selling Williams, Besic, Klassen, Sandro, Mirallas, and Pennington.

Would get nowhere near 75 mill for that bunch. Sandro will go for about 10, klaasen maybe 15. And mirallas will be mad 5. The rest will be a couple of million to lower league.

Would get nowhere near 75 mill for that bunch. Sandro will go for about 10, klaasen maybe 15. And mirallas will be mad 5. The rest will be a couple of million to lower league.
I think we could get 15 for Sandro and Klassen, 10 for Besic, 5 for Mirallas and Williams, and a few million for Pennington so not far off each other's valuations tbf. Connolly and Joe Williams might also leave for a fee also.

Still, its a good upgrade for a 25-35 million spend IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back