Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the manager and dof who sign the players

Probably but it's never been clearly spelled out, including who negotiates the deals.
Also and most crucially we have the wrong people in both positions that's despite the positives of Walcott and Tosun, there have been enough mistakes(Lookman being loaned out and Mangala are in the minus column for Sam) on and off the pitch to tell us this.

IMG_5815.webp

Probably but it's never been clearly spelled out, including who negotiates the deals.
Also and most crucially we have the wrong people in both positions that's despite the positives of Walcott and Tosun, there have been enough mistakes(Lookman being loaned out and Mangala are in the minus column for Sam) on and off the pitch to tell us this.

Can we really class Mangala as a bad loan signing? Or Lookman wanting a loan as a slight on Sam?

Tosun and Walcott are hits so far, Mangala couldn’t judge. Binned off Lennon and Kev.

I don’t want him as our manager but his only transfer window was overall a success in my eyes.

Can we really class Mangala as a bad loan signing? Or Lookman wanting a loan as a slight on Sam?

Tosun and Walcott are hits so far, Mangala couldn’t judge. Binned off Lennon and Kev.

I don’t want him as our manager but his only transfer window was overall a success in my eyes.
In the game time he did get mangala was absolutely shocking, and it was fully expected judging by his previous showings for city in the prem, awful signing

In the game time he did get mangala was absolutely shocking, and it was fully expected judging by his previous showings for city in the prem, awful signing

You mean that game where we were 4-0 down inside half-an-hour?

They were all abysmal.

It wasn't really a risky signing, hasn't cost us much. Shame he couldn't get some game time for us and settle in. We definitely still lack a quick centre half and he certainly offered that.

By far and away our best partnership is Keane and Jagielka, as it stands.

Holgate will probably be out for the rest of the season if he's had surgery, so hopefully it'll be a case of Funes Mori getting some games over Williams if needed.

And then bin both of them off - and Mangala - in the summer.

That's ridiculous. Dude hadn't been playing at all and made one bad backpass. That half was as good as we've looked all year. I think he has some flaws, but he would have been an upgrade for us as bad as our CB play has been.

That is not an advocacy for Sam, he needs binning ASAP.

They were all abysmal.

It wasn't really a risky signing, hasn't cost us much. Shame he couldn't get some game time for us and settle in. We definitely still lack a quick centre half and he certainly offered that.

Holgate will probably be out for the rest of the season if he's had surgery, so hopefully it'll be a case of Funes Mori getting some games over Williams if needed.

And the following game where he got injured, he looked utter gash in that game, almost put their forwards through on goal about 3 times with sloppy back passes.

Awful defender

That's ridiculous. Dude hadn't been playing at all and made one bad backpass. That half was as good as we've looked all year. I think he has some flaws, but he would have been an upgrade for us as bad as our CB play has been.

That is not an advocacy for Sam, he needs binning ASAP.
He really wouldn't, he looked equally as gash as the rest of the donkeys we have. He isn't suited to this league at all, wasteman

He really wouldn't, he looked equally as gash as the rest of the donkeys we have. He isn't suited to this league at all, wasteman
He at least can spot a pass, actually cover someone in space, and stop a cross in the box. He's not great, but he's miles better than Jags or Williams.

I'm not advocating keeping him, I'm simply stating that our CBs need a serious upgrade.

They were all abysmal.

Yup. The whole squad was a joke against Arsenal. We were outstanding in the first half against Palace. But we need much better CBs.

Signing Mangala, after his few brief but awful performances, and then on the back of an extremely serious injury, would be right up there with our most baffling and pathetic signings of recent years.

My lasting memory of him is us losing a goal as he was trying to get his boot back on instead trying to defend minus one boot.

Not our worst centre back of recent years but would take a 25 year old Jagielka over a 25 year old Yobo.

Yobo was a quality player for a few years... really solid and rapid... the quickest CB I have seen play for us I reckon... Henry never scored against us and said yobo was the hardest opponent he faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back