Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all very well saying we will get this amount or that amount for all of our dud players, we first of all need to find someone who will buy them, would you?.

Agreed, and find teams who are willing to pay these players the salarys we are offering them too.
Its all well and good saying sell Schneierlin back to France, but no one bar PSG could afford his wages

Agreed, and find teams who are willing to pay these players the salarys we are offering them too.
Its all well and good saying sell Schneierlin back to France, but no one bar PSG could afford his wages

Similar situation we've had with players in the past really, and one that most clubs end up with the problem off in this league, yobo, heitenga, shandy andy, we struggled massively to get shut of all three due to wages.

Out of players we could be looking at shifting on, the wages won't be much of an issue if there's interest from ok there English teams, Lennon, cleverly showed that as did the Sunderland buys from us.

So I'd guess Schneider line 100% would have prem teams after him and for a decent fee also, same goes for Niasse, Williams, Keane - should we want rid, and even Bolasie.

Besic and Jags possibly also or at least championship clubs would likely match wages with what they're on now.

Sandro was so cheap that a buying club will factor in a likely low purchase price from us with having to match his high wage, means we won't be making any serious profit on that lad.
The big loss and problem us with Klassen, don't see any team in this league willing to match his wage given he's flopped so far, don't see any team abroad coming close to giving us half the money we paid with what wages he will want. So gonna be a hard one to get rid of

I think the players age needs to be a factor when considering who we target this summer.

Players 22 & under (9) Davies, Vlasic, Calvert Lewin, Holgate, Kenny, Lookman, Onyekuru, Dowell, Baningime

Players 28-32 - (10) Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Walcott, Martina, MCcarthy, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Mori (28 next March), Niasse

Players 32+ (4) Baines, Jagielka, Williams, Rooney

Players 23-27 (4) Pickford (young for a keeper), Keane, Tosun, Klaassen

Modern day premier league football, a players prime tends to be that 23-27 age, we have 4 in that age group, with one of them being ostrecised and the other a keeper, which is still very young for a keeper.
Liverpool have 12 (13 if you count origi) players in that age group Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Firminho, Salah, Moreno, Mane, Ox, Can (although leaving), robertson, ings, matip
Spurs have 11 Trippier, Son, Kane, Lamela, Wanyama, Dier, Erikkson, Aurier, Moura, Davies & Winks (23 next feb)

22 and under liverpool have 6 Ojo, Woodburn, Gomez, Alexander Arnold, Grujic & Solanke
spurs have 6 walker Peters, Sanchez, carter vickers, onomah, foyth & Alli

32 + liverpool have 2 milner & Klavan
Spurs 32+ have 3 Lloris, Vorm & Llorente (2 of which are keepers)

28-32 liverpool have 5 sturridge, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Lallana & Mignolet
spur have 4 - vertonghen, alderweirald, Dembele & Sissoko

Pretty much means we can only really go and buy in one age bracket - the 23-27 group, we dont have enough- in peak and hungry (ashley williams) players.
Alot of the 28-32s are on the decline, this is around hte time players tend to have to reinvent themselves and it either works or it dosent, they have familys with kids so football isnt necesarily the same priority as it was 3/4 years ago for them, some have got that major move and big contract, its a collection of things that can raise that decline and we have abundances of them

The American rags have cycled through all the Man U cast offs (Shaw, Jones, Smalling) and have circled back on us signing Wilshere on a free.

Honestly Wilshere and Shaw would be great. Swerve on Jones and Smalling. Jones is never fit and Smalling gives us nothing that Keane and Holgate can't provide. We need a Tactician at the back along side either one. If anything I'd rather see Daley Blind slotted in a LCB, than those two.

The American rags have cycled through all the Man U cast offs (Shaw, Jones, Smalling) and have circled back on us signing Wilshere on a free.

Honestly Wilshere and Shaw would be great. Swerve on Jones and Smalling. Jones is never fit and Smalling gives us nothing that Keane and Holgate can't provide. We need a Tactician at the back along side either one. If anything I'd rather see Daley Blind slotted in a LCB, than those two.

Blind would be a good utility player. Covers left back, center back and midfield

Can we really class Mangala as a bad loan signing? Or Lookman wanting a loan as a slight on Sam?

Tosun and Walcott are hits so far, Mangala couldn’t judge. Binned off Lennon and Kev.

I don’t want him as our manager but his only transfer window was overall a success in my eyes.

Yes. But I agree on balance it was a decent window even with those two mistakes(Mangala is hopeless and if you were Lookman would you want to stay and get splinters in your arse for a prehistoric dinosaur manager like Fat head or bob off to RB?!), but it wasn't just his buys, I was referring to but his negative attitude and comments off the field, too. Plus the obvious Prem experience bias he and Walsh have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back