Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know where I'd begin with our business this summer, nearly makes me weep when I look at our squad list and realising how many different areas of the pitch need improving. I just think we're bereft of quality at the minute.

It's a very important window for us, and we can't afford to balls this one up as we did last summer.

Re the Werner shouts, if Lookman brings anyone back from RBL it's got to be Forsberg.

No confidence in us signing players of either of their ilk.

I don't even know where I'd begin with our business this summer, nearly makes me weep when I look at our squad list and realising how many different areas of the pitch need improving. I just think we're bereft of quality at the minute.

It's a very important window for us, and we can't afford to balls this one up as we did last summer.

Re the Werner shouts, if Lookman brings anyone back from RBL it's got to be Forsberg.

We may have had a chance of getting Werner last summer, had we had Brands negotiating and a proper CEO helping him and whacked 60m down. He has moved well beyond us now, particularly so given our finishing position. He will go to Liverpool for around 100 million I reckon.

Kwadwo Asamoah linked this morning, Juve's second choice left-back and out of contract in the summer.

Loads of good free transfers available this summer. Wilshere, Fellaini, Max Meyer, Asamoah. There are others as well, like De Vrij, but bigger clubs will be interested.

Loads of good free transfers available this summer. Wilshere, Fellaini, Max Meyer, Asamoah. There are others as well, like De Vrij, but bigger clubs will be interested.
Free transfers ain't like they used to be

Agents use the fact that the club aren't paying a transfer fee to command a higher wage, signing on fee and agents fee, so you end up paying out of your arse anyway

We may have had a chance of getting Werner last summer, had we had Brands negotiating and a proper CEO helping him and whacked 60m down. He has moved well beyond us now, particularly so given our finishing position. He will go to Liverpool for around 100 million I reckon.
Don't rate Werner too highly myself, watched a bit of rbl this season and he's inconsistent, wouldn't bother me all that much if they buy him for that price.

From them I'd prefer Forsberg, not that I think it will happen.

Agents use the fact that the club aren't paying a transfer fee to command a higher wage, signing on fee and agents fee, so you end up paying out of your arse anyway
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

Clearly the signing of a player is going to include some costs, but you'd still encounter most, if not all, of those expenses if you were signing a player with a transfer fee.

The reason agents can push for higher wages for some players is because the club is saving a fortune in not having to pay a transfer fee, which is why they still represent extremely good value imo.

That's always been the case, right back to mcmanaman getting 50k a week about twenty years ago.

The mistake that people make is twofold... first....they think every problem has to be solved in one window, and second they do not realise that just a few very good signings will improve the team but also can affect positively the players already at the club.

We made one really big mistake last year and that was signing too many players... it was impossible to fit them all into the team and some were unable to ever get a decent run in a settled team that was playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back